Xumii's iPhone App Allows you to Connect with Friends on Multiple IM and Social Networks

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageXumii's iPhone App Allows you to Connect with Friends on Multiple IM and Social Networks

When we reviewed BeejiveIM, an awesome Instant Messaging app for the iPhone, we had pointed out that BeejiveIM's ability to connect to multiple IM networks such as AIM/iChat/MobileMe, MSN/Windows Live, Yahoo!, MySpace, GoogleTalk, ICQ, & Jabber was very useful considering the limited resources on mobile phones like the iPhone. Folks...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

A free alternative to BeeJive?

Definitely good to hear seeing as they overcharge unreasonably knowing that they are the only application that does IMing right. Let's hope this encourages them to actually lower costs and innovate better.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Landscape mode.

• Dirk
    Dirk Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

guys, I use Nimbuzz which does all of these social networks, plus Skype. All for free. And it types in Landscape or Portrait. What does this new app have that Nimbuzz doesn't?

• iLauncher
    iLauncher Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

does it allow smileys, sending of pics and voice msgs? does it allow multiple tabs chatting? if yes, them im sold coz i currently use palringo. but if Nimbuzz does all the above and social networking sites, then ill go for Nimbuzz too. is it appstore or a cydia app? Thanx.

• Sysrage
    Sysrage Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm all for competition, but BeeJive is more than worth the cost. You pay 15 bucks ONCE and get to use their servers forever to keep yourself connected constantly. Sure, if Apple ever does enable decent push tech, it may not be needed. But currently BeeJive keeping you connected on their servers and sending you push emails whenever you get an IM makes it stand far above all the other IM apps I've seen so far. Admittedly I haven't tried many, but I still feel it's priced very well.

BeeJive does landscape mode. It does AIM, iChat, MobileMe, MSN, Yahoo, MySpace, GoogleTalk, ICQ, & Jabber. Facebook support is supposed to be out by end of March. It allows sending of files through all the networks. It integrates with your iPhone contact list allowing you to link 'buddies' to contact list entries.

I haven't actually tried Xumii, but it does seem to be much better if you're real into the social network sites. Updating status, sending pictures straight from the sites, etc. That all sounds very useful. For an IM app, BeeJive seems far better to me.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I have been playing around with Xumii, but I agree BeejiveIM is in a
    completely different league. I didn't like the signup process in Xumii,
    tried Facebook and MSN, it so non-intuitive.

I plan to checkout Nimbuzz based on the positive reviews by quite a few
    iPhone Hacks readers.

• Vinko
    Vinko Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

This sounds very interesting, I am downloading it right now.

From the description of Xumii, it sounds like the application Pinger Phone.

Unfortunately, due to the activation process of the Pinger Phone I am not able to try it from Hong Kong. The interface looks very nice, but I am only able to tell by their screen shots.

In the past, for a consolidated IM client on my iPhone I had been using Palringo, which is also free. But if Xumii has a good interface I will switch.

I will post a review on my blog afterwards.

• OnkelSeosErbe
    OnkelSeosErbe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have fun with, cause I discovered exactly what I was having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye