Bluetooth Keyboard Paired with Hacked iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBluetooth Keyboard Paired with Hacked iPhone

iPhone expert Ralf Ackermann who had used an external bluetooth module to pair a standard keyboard to the iPhone is at it again. He has managed to get Apple's Bluetooth keyboard (can be any Bluetooth keyboard) to pair with a hacked iPhone without any external Bluetooth module. Ackermann's wrote on...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

I wonder if the connection lags? Never the less great work!

• Seanlcky13
    Seanlcky13 Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
  • TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Hopefully in the not too distant future we'll see quad-core processors in iPhones and we'll be able to use our phones as desktop computers. Imagine you just put your iPhone in a dock similar to the current one, only it has a HDMI output and a couple of USB ports so you can hook up some external storage and printer. Then all you need is a wireless keyboard and mouse and you would have a great little computer for internet browsing, emails etc. and running a simplified Mac OS.

Granted something like this is still quite a few years away yet, but I think it would be pretty cool :-)

• PennySeeds.com
    PennySeeds.com Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Personally, I would like this feature. Not for standard applications, but for things like maybe blogging on the go. Would be nifty - As I don't want to type a whole blog post on the standard keyboard!

*Trixy Dixy*
    Probably a better solution would be using a wifi printer. You might even have the capabilities to make that work now. I have a wifi printer/scanner/fax combo now I'm wondering if that'd work. :P

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

If its a HP printer you can already do that using your iPhone. Its a free app called HP iPrint Photo :-)

*** Wish this site had a forum! ***

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

arent you exaggerating things too much? lol

• Noogle
    Noogle Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

forums.iphonehacks.com

• wakuwaku
    wakuwaku Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Wish there was a non-jailbreak solution for this

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey TRIXXY DIXXY,

We hope to re-launch the iPhone Hacks Forums soon.

We will keep you posted.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Noogle,

We had to discontinue our forums due to too much of spam.

We should re-launch it soon.

• metromepmb
    metromepmb Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

ah finally they can launch that bluetooth keyboard made for the iphone what was it called again? Especially if that legal exemption on jailbreaking gets through.

• PimpDaddy420
    PimpDaddy420 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just nut up and jailbreak that ****. You don't know what your missing. VOIPover3G and PDAnet alone make it worth it.

• stan69b
    stan69b Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

i don't wan't to look like an ass but you can see he has veency runing (iphone vnc server) if it a blutooth keyboard it shouldn't use vnc "protocol"
    to me it looks fake.... someone could be typing on his computer , that would explain why veency is running

• stan69b
    stan69b Posts: 50
    via Wordpress

and no bluetooth icone apears in the MiniDock ....

• Free Gadget
    Free Gadget Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have to agree with stan69b there...
    This could be major fakery.
    Wouldn't be hard at all to do.

• JL
    JL Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Imagine arriving in the office with your iPhone in your pocket.
    On your desk are a bluetooth keyboard and a bluetooth screen. With the iPhone still in your pocket you make the last changes to your presentation.

Later, in the conference room, you pair your iPhone with a bluetooth projector and a bluetooth pointing device.
    The iPhone is still in your pocket when you deliver your memorable presentation.

This is a good start toward making this story real.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

That would definitely be an exciting world to live in :)

• LKB
    LKB Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This may be a stupid question but here goes... Now I understand that Apple is protecting their best interest in setting the Iphone up to only accept the Headset profile. That being said does that profile prevent someone with the skills from altering how the iphone perceives say a computer? I mean can you make a computer connect if you made a program that made the comp appear as a headset or does the settings for the headset setting by iphone prevent that from even being a thought? I'm just trying to think outside the box and find a legitimate way without jailbreaking my iphone to get around the crippled bluetooth.

• LKB
    LKB Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Another thought... there are many bluetooth apps that are designed to keep constant contact with say another iphone... like the lightsabre app. I've not personally used any of these but maybe there is a back door that can be created using the protocols from one of those programs?