Apple's New iPhone to Have Video Camera, Take Higher Resolution Photos & Use Multi-Core Processors?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's New iPhone to Have Video Camera, Take Higher Resolution Photos & Use Multi-Core Processors?

We had reported couple of days back that an interesting screenshot from iPhone Firmware 3.0 beta suggests that video recording capabilities could arrive in the next generation iPhone. AppleInsider is also confirming this speculation. They are claiming that as per their source who's proven extremely reliable with Apple related news...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Though I hope these rumors turn out to be correct and Apple launches a dream iPhone in June, I realized after writing this article that we (including me) sometimes have unrealistic expectations from Apple whenever there is news that they will be launching a new version of their product and get disappointed when they don't meet our expectations.

Let's not forget that it wasn't too long ago that we used the mobile just to make calls.

It's amazing how quickly Apple has transformed the mobile world and raised our expectations about a mobile phone forever. Kudos to Apple!!!

• Jachson
    Jachson Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

To me, just appreciate what you have. And if they come out with it, they come out with it. I don't like these rumor things, when it happens, it happens. For now, what you got is all you basically need. But yeah, I do hope that they do come out with it, but I can live without it. :)

• bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

I love my 3g with that said I hope they improve the product, even though most of the stuff it lacks, I already have thanks to jailbreak and MOST IMPORTANTLY FREE...

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

wow the rumors keep getting better and better unfortunately its also starting to scare me on what the price might end up being but i cant wait till June to see what is what

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

That's more like it!! This must be the change Obama was talking about lol.

• Jacob Spinney
    Jacob Spinney Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I would REALLY enjoy a front facing camera for ichat conferencing and being able to make videos of yourself.

• Vinko
    Vinko Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

The other commenters are correct. We should be happy with what Apple had brought us so far.

I admit there are many short coming in the current version of the iPhone 3G, but I am the first one to say that I cannot live without my iPhone for more than 3 days, and I am speaking from experience.

When I sold my 1G iPhone, it took Apple HK Online Store 3 days to send me the new iPhone 3G and it was an unbearable 3 days with my borrowed Nokia 6300.

I do like Nokia phones and they have one of the best user interface, but that was before Apple released the iPhone.

So, we need to ensure we report on these news, which are not directly from Apple, as rumors, and the authors/reporters of these news should make that explicit. So when laymen read these stores they don't mistaken them as feature previews of upcoming Apple products.

I am definitely in favor of making speculations and voicing out ideas for our favorite consumer device, but we need to make sure we are clear that is what we are doing.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Wow all the rumors are just getting better, but thinking of the price just seems to be a lot. Maybe AT&T is having the phone trade in program to help pay off for the new iPhones because they might be expensive?

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

I have a thought, and I'd like all your input on its validity.

I think the two different models will be differentiated by size. Not capacity, but actual physical size. One might actually be the fabled iPhone nano. Think about it: it could be like the GameBoy Advance Micro. Auto-scales down apps and only displays three columns on the screen at a time.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hmm, your comment reminded be of the rumor just before Apple announced iPhone 3G which talked about front facing camera for iChat.
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/06/iphone-2-rumors.html

Now if that happens it would be really cool but I don't think we will see it in this year's iPhone model.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

And also this post which talks about an Apple patent that provides details of Instant Messaging iPhone App and also reveals Video Conferencing features:

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/04/instant-messagn.html

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

To my mind, Apple releasing 2 iPhone models (not capacity difference) wouldn't make financial sense.
    If a 64Gb version with video & a 32Gb version without, were to be released, the iconic status of the iphone would be reduced. Go shopping for a new Nokia or Sony Ericsson, you get bored because the manufacturers have lost the 'WoW...I Want One' factor, they all look the same from case style to menu to features (C'mon...you've been there too...walk into store, play with mobile, wind up sales asst, walk out with knowledge iPhones rock ;) )
    If Apple were to separate the iPhones features by model, then it's a short hop to consumer boredom (& stressed sales guys)

TJ mentioned the fabled iPhone nano.
    What if the nano comes out without video, limited features, battery life as it is now and 16Gb capacity....Then they release a model thats the same size as it is now, all new hardware, improved battery, higher res cam with video and a 32Gb+ capacity, where would your money go??
    If, and i do mean If, they do release a nano with the same features as a full size then the market will scream nano and the cost of the phone will have to reflect manufacturing costs for BOTH units
    Would Apple conceed defeat on the open market and face humiliation from rivals and consumers alike??

• IT Buzz
    IT Buzz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Its really an awesome post hope to see more like this fabulous job.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

LLLLLLLOOOOLLLLLLLLL

• TF
    TF Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I love my iPhone, but my only complaint is the camera. It always should have had more megapixels and also some sort of a flash. I suppose that is impossible on considering the size of the unit. But I would be so happy if it could replace my point and shoot. One of the smart phones (can't remember which one) has a flash and takes great photos. wish wish wish