Apple's New iPhone to include an OLED Screen to Improve Battery Life?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's New iPhone to include an OLED Screen to Improve Battery Life?

Smarthouse, an Australian website is claiming that as per their source, Apple's new iPhone which is widely speculated to be released in June will include an OLED screen made by LG. If this rumor is true then an OLED screen along with a better battery pack could address one of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

first!

well it doesnt matter to me how they do it as long as the battery last longer, most people dont keep a cell phone longer then a year or 2 anyway so shorter screen life wouldnt be that big a deal

• Ben Lloyd
    Ben Lloyd Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

OLED screen are nasty expensive, it would dramatically raise the price of the phone. IMO the next generation iPhone will have an improved processor, 32gb, improved camera and better battery life. For me that would be more than enough...

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

I think its a good idea. But when will apple tell us about new iphones. When was the iphone 3g announced?

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

Apple has always been one to use "green" as a selling point, so ORGANIC LCD (key word on organic) makes me think that Apple will definitely use this technology. Now as you have stated the life of the screen is alot lower, my question is how much lower. If it only lasts a couple years then no I don't want it. Great idea but I would like to be able to keep my phone for longer than that if i so chose. But if its like 5 years or so then yes ill definitely take it. Better battery, brighter, organic, and thinner, that sounds like the future to me :)

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

Why do i seem to be the only one that doesn't suffer poor battery life on my 3g? In my experience, anything built by LG have been terrible! If apple go down this route, i will seriously reconsider my choice to get the new iPhone and look elsewhere!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Steve Jobs had announced iPhone 3G at the Keynote address at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference on June 9th, 2008.

It very likely that Apple will announce the next generation iPhone at this year's WWDC sometime in June, however dates are not yet announced.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

The next generation iPhone won't be built by LG, its just the OLED panels if at all the rumor is true.

LG's LCD panels already represent more than 70 percent of Apple's notebooks and monitors.

So relax nothing to be worried about :)

• nicolasl46
    nicolasl46 Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

OLEDs are pretty good, and the drawbacks are not that bad. I got this from wikipedia.org: The biggest technical problem for OLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials.[35] In particular, blue OLEDs historically have had a lifetime of around 14,000 hours (5 years at 8 hours a day) when used for flat-panel displays, which is lower than typical lifetime of LCD, LED or PDP technology—each currently rated for about 60,000 hours, depending on manufacturer and model.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Definatly can't wait. Thanks

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

I've worked for LG here in the UK, have to say that the screens they produce are seriously good quality. They are market leaders in TFT technologies and if their oleds are of equvalant quality then I'll be happy to see them being used in the next gen iphone

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Wikipedia is not a source to get information from

• dfdfsdf
    dfdfsdf Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

LMao relying on wikipedia. Sad.

• resa
    resa Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Oled screen = much better battery life

• resa
    resa Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Wikipedia pownz as a matter of fact

• henry
    henry Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Apple will never use OLED beacuase IPS screens are the only screens to offer the retina display.