Screenshot from iPhone Firmware 3.0 Beta indicates Video Recording Coming to Next Gen iPhone?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageScreenshot from iPhone Firmware 3.0 Beta indicates Video Recording Coming to Next Gen iPhone?

One of the major features from our readers iPhone Firmware 3.0 Wish List that didn't make it to iPhone Firmware 3.0 was Video Recording. However, an interesting screenshot from iPhone Firmware 3.0 beta which is labeled "Publish Video" suggests that video recording and upload capabilities could arrive in the next...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

And i just typed a reply to the very same question elsewhere on this site, if double posting is allowed, i'd *copy & paste* (if i hear that again, i'm going to shoot somebody ;< Clippy!! Clippy!! Clippy!! lol ;)

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Won't dissapoint me at all. A new iPhone with all these features will finally get me to upgrade my first gen iPhone. Upgrading to the 3g wasn't something for me because difference to me is 3g and gps. With a new iPhone and different better hardware finally makes my waiting over. I've been waiting a long time for more evidence of new iPhones coming. I want to see a big improvement from the first gem and 3g iPhones. All though the firmware 3.0 will change a lot, I would also like to see improvements on the hardware end like faster processing, and better camera with flash (flash doesn't concern me much).

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

wont disappoint me at all and i will make the jump if and only if the upgrade is the same price as it was last time or the phone is as cheap, and the jailbreak community hacks its i love cydia too much not to have it

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Just hope my carrier O2 will allow me to upgrade my 3G iPhone to the latest one come the summer.

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

Are you joking or what? No video on my 6 months old device would definitely piss me off. My Nokia N70 has been doing mp4 videos for 3 years.

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

....and you're reading iphonehacks.com why?

• Dereck (Love my iPhone 3G)
    via Wordpress

There is one thing I don't understand...

Apple claims that iPhone 3G will not be able to use Video recording due to its hardware limitation. So what is Cycoder, eh???

• technology machines
    via Wordpress

I think early or late Apple has to add as many features possible to the Iphone if they want to keep their clients. That machines can not be forever at the same status, thay have to improve.

• rreveron
    rreveron Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I got my 3G for what it was and not for what it could be and I'm pretty happy about it. Understand that is not the same to have video working somewhat okay (Cycorder) than having it working good enough that you could Stamp the company logo on it.

All iphone models have been great for what they are and new hardware is the natural evolution.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Cycorder is a workaround for the missing feature and must admit it does a good job but it creates a video by taking pictures as fast as possible.

Here is a more technical explanation from a Mac Rumors forum member:
    He use the cameracontroller to displaying the camera preview on the screen and capture raw framebuffer by using UIWindow to convert it to CGImageRef and store it to memory. after capture certain amount of frames (in this project is limit frames to 50 frames, 10 frames/sec) then convert the CGImageRef to UIImage to playback.

In my opinion, the only reason Apple didn't bring video capabilities for earlier iPhones was because the hardware wasn't good enough as per their high standards.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

rreveron is spot on.

We bought the iPhone for the features Apple told us about.

We see this trend in most electronic devices we buy where they are outdated within a few months.

In fact, Apple keeps rolling out firmware updates to release new enhancements and bug fixes which has been revolutionary when it comes to mobile phones.

So I think sometimes we (including me) have unrealistic expectations from Apple and get disappointed when they don't meet them.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I agree with marcus and mo, instead of getting disappointed I am actually quite excited and am waiting for Apple to announce the new iPhone as features like these might just convince me to buy the next gen iPhone.

• Dereck (Love my iPhone 3G)
    via Wordpress

I see... :) Thanks for explaination!

• Tabarnak
    Tabarnak Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have a 500$ Nikon for taking photos and
    a 600$ video camera for my videos...

I also have a jailbroken 16mb 3G iphone that does what i bought it for.

No matter how good the next iphone is, my camera will be best suited for taking photos and same thing with my video recorder...

Oh yeah, i almost forgot... i prefer sending my emails through my PC's keyboard also.

Let's not confuse the iphone with something it isn't,
    and enjoy the marvelous piece of technology we hold in our hands... called an iphone .

• what29
    what29 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

got developers access from the link in my name above, for like 14.00 dont know how they do it but I just logged in and downloaded 3.0 beta 3 straight from apple, they gave me my own user id and password for the dev account