Apple has Placed Orders for 3.2 Megapixel Camera Sensors for Next Generation iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple has Placed Orders for 3.2 Megapixel Camera Sensors for Next Generation iPhone

DigiTimes is reporting that Apple has placed orders with OmniVision Technologies for both 3.2 and 5-megapixel camera sensors. They are claiming that Apple's new iPhone which is speculated to be released in June will include the 3.2 megapixel sensors and the 5-megapixel camera sensors are for a separate product which...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

3.2MP is a nice upgrade but I would prefer 5MP or higher.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

3.2 is good but I would rather have a 5 megapixel camera. Does this mean their going to release only a 3.2 megapixel camera iPhone? What about when they said "another apple product?" Can we see it on iPhone?

• Shriv
    Shriv Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

3.2 Megs is just way to little by todays standards. With 5 Megs become pretty standard, and 8.1 just breaking in. Not to mention the Idou with its 12.1. Nope....3,2 is just WAAYY to little.

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

i would prefer way bigger and i hope it comes with a built in flash as well

• Alessandro
    Alessandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

it's better to have less megapixel, but better sensors.

phones having a 8MP camera actually make horrible photos, because of poor-quality sensors.

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

Wow! 5mp is ridiculous! Would I ever need to carry around any other sort of electronic...ever? As if I do now, ha.

• marc
    via Wordpress

On mobile phones? Where have I been?

• marc
    via Wordpress

Actually, keep in mind that it all comes down to how big the lense is. For example, digital cameras with small lenses may have high mps but the fuzziness of the picture will be evident.

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

thats true i much rather have a great picture no mater the mp but would like to have built in flash to help take pictures when theres low light

• Michael Moncur
    Michael Moncur Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Marc is right. Megapixels mean NOTHING in this context. As long as then lens is 3mm across you're not going to get high-quality pictures, period. 5MP is probably beyond the upper limit of what's useful given the lens size and thickness of an iPhone.

Look at digital cameras - even the cheapest ones. There's a reason they're thicker than an iPhone and have larger lenses.

Also, any flash they can fit in the iPhone's case is likely to be useless. Most compact digicam flashes barely have a 6-foot range as it is.

• zyzzyva
    zyzzyva Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I'm with Marc on this one. MPs are always nice but the lens and sensors matter so much more. If I had to choose between 5MP and the same lens and sensors, or stay with 2MP but get a bigger lens and faster sensors, I'll always choose the latter. I'm sick of trying to take a picture of my dog only to have it register half a second after she's turned.

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Hahahaha you must be joking

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

The iPhone takes the photo when you release the camera button, so push the camera button and hold it in, frame your shot, then release it when you want to take the shot...this eliminates shake, blurriness and your dog moving out of the photo.

• Cheeze439
    Cheeze439 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Here's a suggestion then, lets have a 5mp sensor and a bigger lens... not much to ask.

• marc
    via Wordpress

On such a slim phone how bigger can the lens get? Or, how much bigger can the lens get and make substantial difference in the picture quality that makes it worth for Apple to spend money on?
    Yes? No?
    Also, sometimes there is a delay with the picture being captured. It's something you don't experience with a dslr or point and shoot. Honestly I don't think that delay can ever be eliminated from phones. That's why you'll sometimes get half of the picture different than the other half.

• Jacob Spinney
    Jacob Spinney Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

The quality on the current iphone is fine enough for me. I just want a front facing camera too! :(

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

3.2 megapixels is perfect for the iPhone it already does a gazillion different things, 2.0 mp was ok but they should have put this on first generation iPhone.
    I think that 5 megapixel camera is gonna be for the newly designed iPod classic wich is gonna be a touch screen iPod similar to the new iPhone 3.0 with alot more flash memory 32gb maybe 64gb slightly bigger dimesnsions than iPod touch.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Well it will be cool to have a 3.2 Mega Pixels on an iphone, but I already do have a digital camera in hand that is a 7.1 Mega pixels. Plus I barely use the camera that is built in to the iphone 3G. So I'm just gonna stick with my iphone 3G, and wait for iphone 4th Generation, since the one that's coming out this year is the 3rd Generation iphone. So i'm going to wait a bit.

• pinay
    pinay Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

great phones are really available nowadays, i find it hard to choose on what to have..

• klaus
    klaus Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Flash is so stupid on an iPhone... If you want flash all the time go buy a camera. The iphone isn't solely designed to take pictures. Flash just burns battery, money, and space. I can't get over it how dumb of an idea flash is on the iphone...

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Well on a certain extent it would be stupid, but it could be used as a guiding light as well. I mean the place I come from (very high tech), i had a phone that had a camera and a flash built in. I could turn on the flash without camera mode when I am in dark places where i would need to see. However I do agree that it does eat up battery. but it still would be great if iphone have that so you can use it to guide your way in the dark. Even though the screen is bright but not as bright as the flash light.

• Bryan.zhang.2008@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I am sure 5MP will be better.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I think Apple will include the 3.2 pxl ones on the back side of the new iPhone, and they will move the old 2.0 pxl to the front as they got a lot of them in their stock. Yeeeeeeey!

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I know where youre going with this. And if you connect the dots I'd say you're right.