SlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone Coming Soon; Submitted to the App Store for Approval

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSlingPlayer Mobile for iPhone Coming Soon; Submitted to the App Store for Approval

Sling Media had just announced on their website that they have submitted their iPhone app - SlingPlayer Mobile to the App Store for approval. SlingPlayer Mobile for the iPhone is probably one of the most eagerly awaited iPhone apps by those who own a Slingbox. Slingbox produced by Sling Media...

Read the full story here

Comments

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

wonder if AT&T is going to have a cow over bandwidth usage? my slingbox awaits this app.

• Jacob Spinney
    Jacob Spinney Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I've waited for this app for 20 years. It's never going to come. And if it does, ATT will have a hissy fit over bandwidth usage and make "unlimited" no longer unlimited.

• Nour
    Nour Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

The app gonna be around 30 dollors!!!
    

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I bought a slingbox classic straight after hearing the news from Macworld in January, just to use with my iPhone. I'm hoping the app will be priced the same as their software for other phones.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER! Up until now, I have not purchased ANY apps for the Iphone and I'm not even jailbroken. This is definitely one i'm willing to spend even $100 for. Definitely the number one app that's worth buying for the Iphone.

• Mctint
    Mctint Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

This looks like a brilliant app! help me out...If my TV (digi box)at home is been played would i be able to use slingplayer mobile at the same time but watch different channels or would it have to be the same one been watched there and then at home??

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I believe that's currently the drawback of Slingbox, you will be able to
    watch the channels that are being watched at home. Its currently not
    possible to watch different channels on other devices. It would've been
    great if it was possible.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

OrbLive can do much much better. It will work with any TV card, or even if you don't have one then you can watch a ton of Internet based TV channels on it. Not also forgetting that you can watch your own movies or listen to your favorite music at home (although with the music part there is nothing that can beat Simplify Media) and they all work on Wifi, 3G & even Edge although it is not recommended. Why do we really need to buy the expensive Sling app + another expensive Sling box when you can just buy the cheap OrbLive with free orb client/server for your PC/MAC, make a free account with Orb and there you go. You don't even need to buy a TV card if you don't want to. As long as you got a broadband connection then that is all what you need.

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

The slingbox classic has a built in freeview tuner, so if the missus is at home watching Sky I can revert to the freeview tuner and watch a different channel to what she is.

• Dozer
    Dozer Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

If you haven't already seen it... Sling Media is requiring users of older sling boxes to upgrade in order to get the iphone app to work. Talk about a scam! They are graciously providing us with a $50 credit on an upgrade. They're probably going to also try to milk us for another $20 for the iphone app itself!

I am very happy with my original slingbox with the built-in cable tuner. I have no need (or desire) to connect it to any other device. Such a shame! I guess I'll stick with using the slingplayer on my windows mobile device over my iphone's pdanet wireless connection.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/04/hope-you-have-a-new-slingbox-for-that-iphone-slingplayer.ars