iPhone Paired with External Keyboard without Hacking it [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Paired with External Keyboard without Hacking it [Updated]

Some folks insist that one of the deal breakers of the iPhone is the lack of a physical keyboard while, in my opinion as a long time iPhone user who is used to its virtual keyboard, the need for a physical keyboard is unnecessary. However, I have realized that as...

Read the full story here

Comments

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Looks a tad clunky... I prefer typing on the virtual keyboard or if I really need to use a keyboard, I VNC on the iPhone (I know I probably didn't say that right haha,) and type whatever I need.

• ywsecond@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

Something in the title of the article sounds problematic: "Hackers develop...WITHOUT hacking" hmmm...

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

I know, I wanted to point that out I just decided against it ;)

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, it doesn't sound right, we have updated the title of the post.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

someone needs to work in their typing skills. H-E-L-L-O

• Nick Sharratt
    Nick Sharratt Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Why does the slow typeing speed and the fact their publishing details "in April" make me wonder if this could be a set up for an April 1st joke? I can't help thinking that from "...interpret the keyboard data and display the appropriate characters on-screen." that DISPLAYING characters on screen is a very different thing to acting as an HCI for the OS to support input into other apps. Call me sceptical, and I hope I'm wrong as a good external bluetooth keyboard option would suit me

• ru
    ru Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

something like this and a mobile projector makes a small office mobile computer, very simple but for working in a motel on the road a perfect solution that you can carry in your pocket

• x
    x Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
  • Ove
    Ove Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Desperate for a mouse ;o)!!!

This is very important to me to find a solution to connect a mouse to Iphone, beacuase i cant lift my arms to use the Phone by myself! And this could finaly be the answer for my problems! IF this is possible this means that I can listen to music, use the internet, text, and so on and so on, i could even make a call all on my own!!!

Ive seen that they succeded to connect a (bluetooth) keyboard to Iphoone and my question is to y'all if u know if there's a possibility to connect a MOUSE????

I'm thankful for all response i get

• wyden@armadillo.ph
    via Wordpress

i want to reliable external keyboard to be able to type faster on my iphone. May of us Palm / Treo users have external keyboards for easy and faster SMS. I wonder why apple is so insensitive to us users.

• Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I would definitely buy a qwerty "real" physical keyboard if one existed.

• STEELE
    STEELE Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have been looking everywhre for an external keyboard for iphone & did buy a mini keyboard by BlueNext, but it won't pair. I would love a solution to use the mini keyboard I bought or connect by usb to an external keyboard.