iPhone Firmware 3.0 Reveals More Details About Spotlight, Podcast Limits & "Find My iPhone" Feature

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 3.0 Reveals More Details About Spotlight, Podcast Limits & "Find My iPhone" Feature

When Apple gave us a preview of iPhone Firmware 3.0 which includes more than 100 new features; they also released iPhone firmware 3.0 beta which is available only to developers of the iPhone Developer program. But during Apple's special event, they showcased only some of the features out of the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

didnt know about quickgold so getting it now to check it out, but i cant wait to hear more about the other features

• Allyn
    Allyn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If you're on the first page of the home screen and then push the Home button once it will take you to Iphone spotlight.

• Aron
    Aron Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

i think i'm most excited about new hardware. many of these features that have been discovered or announced have already been developed and avaible for jailbroken iphones.

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

True, but I think it's nice that Apple are taking the consumers views into consideration. With the new API's, there's also bound to be a massive surge of new, never seen before, Apps in the appstore. I also believe there's going to be some real expensive apps and the usual(quality) freebies. Personally, I'm looking forward to 3.0, I think it really will take that jump forward that the iPhone needs to compete with the current trend of Smartphones & PDA devices on the market today. Nokia's 5800 for example is a real nice first entry into touchscreen, plus they are constantly releasing new models with upgraded features and software. Some reviews say it's a close call between the 5800, iPhone & Blackberry's, my choice came about after 'i looked, i liked, i bought', i realized the lack of features after i'd parted with £342 gbp. Apple have to pull the rabbit now or the competition will stomp them (us) into obscurity.
    Most of the revealed features seem beneficial to the consumer needs and wants, but if you look deeper (i'm a cynic by nature, inquisitive too) you see that Apple are just trying to cover up some major gaffs.
    Spotlight: Oh, we'll give you a 'Search your device function'
    Copy & Paste: Available on some of the earliest Palm's & O2 XDA series & BASIC NOKIA'S!!!!
    Bluetooth: Wont even go there bar saying the most basic Sony Ericsson & nokia have this
    Turn by Turn Nav: Palm/Nokia/Sony E Turn by Turn available with Bluetooth GPS (TomTom do a PDA version and most top end Nokia's come with TT preinstalled or on SD!!

3.0 MUST be seen as a major fix to a substandard O/S, i'm just hoping that they get it right this time....will there be a 3.1 release to fix the flaws that will bug the s*** out of us from 3.0?? Or will they just get it spot on

• Jean f
    Jean f Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

alritre wat got me interestd is the new iPhone. With all this talk of improvd battery, proccessor, internet speen with quaility media!! How much is this phone going to be. A good $350 with a twoyear contract and 700 hands down ... Hope not

• jayz
    jayz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

definitely apple is quite late in such technology. but... they definitely give us the very special thing

• pp
    pp Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

when is it going to be released?