Switch to iPhone: How to move Contacts, Emails and Calendar

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSwitch to iPhone: How to move Contacts, Emails and Calendar

There are only two kinds of people, ones who have switched to iPhone and the ones who eventually will. Seriously, my love for iPhone knows no bound (as you might have figured out from my first statement). Hence, here is a little something to help you switch to the iPhone....

Read the full story here

Comments

• scigo
    scigo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I don't know how about you but I can't get the emails to work via this method. Contacts and calendar works fine.
    For email I have to have a separate account and then it works. Any ideas why?
    Also a little tip from me. In order for a contact to synchronize the picture attached, you have to have email address saved for this contact.

• Kev
    Kev Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

nice tip~~! very helpful.
    Can you also cover how to make hotmail email account to work in iphone?

• iPhone Guy
    iPhone Guy Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Go to other in mail setup and just put your email and password in and your hotmail should work. Mine did!

• Jimmy
    Jimmy Posts: 80
    via Wordpress

how to get speed dail,voice dail and longer recent call log.

• scigo
    scigo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think I phone guy is right is should work now as hotmail opened their pop3. I don't use hotmail myself.
    To Jimmy you can try mobilelog from Cydia.

Iny ideas what do I do wrong with my gmail and iphone exchange so it doesn't work ???

• Phoenix
    Phoenix Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

quick unrelated question, ihave the first gen iphone running 2.2.1 and was wondering if its possible to upgrade to iphone OS 3.0?

• Lucy
    Lucy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I didnt realize you could control where the contacts went so all mine are on my work email. That means when the serve goes down i loose my contacts. Can i transfer them to my imac account or do i need to re-type them all in?

• Larry
    Larry Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Syncing from Exchange to a new iPhone is simple as noted. If you're an old iPhone user and acquire an Exchange account, what's the process for having your iPhone contacts and calendar sync to and empty Exchange account?