iPhone Web Apps: Gmail and Google Calendar Updated with Number of Improvements; Including Offline Su

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Web Apps: Gmail and Google Calendar Updated with Number of Improvements; Including Offline Support

You might remember that Google had demonstrated the offline Gmail feature on the iPhone at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona couple of months back which was quite impressive. Google released updated versions of their Gmail and Calendar web app for iPhone yesterday which includes number of improvements including the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zohaib
    Zohaib Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Although one might say that you can always use your iPhone Mail App to sync with google mail, This webapp is way faster and has more features than that mail app. Now with offline support i think im going be using it more. On the iPhone mail app, you really can't mark multiple emails as read/unread. Thats one feature i really wanted for reason :). Id always go for the web app, Google has done a good job (Y)

• Dean C
    Dean C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I had switched to iPhone's Mail app due to the push email functionality which notifies me

I'm fairly certain that you can't get PUSH email on your iPhone with gmail. You can sync your contacts and calendar, but not mail.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You are right, I got the terminology wrong.

Its not push, its the ability to fetch emails at regular intervals.

I have updated the post accordingly.

Thanks for highlighting it.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

i dont know if anybody noticed this or not, but thats a hacked iphone hes got there. if you look at the keyboard it has the globalization button which, mistake me if im wrong, is an addition that you can add to jailborken phones to support multiple keyboards including the hKeyboard keyboard, and the EMOJII icons

• Zohaib
    Zohaib Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

LOL he does have a hacked phone ur right!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Not really, the globe icon is also to access the International keyboard, if you have enabled any of them in Settings (General->Keyboard->International Keyboards).

So don't think there is anything to suggest that the iPhone used in the video was jailbroken.

• ben
    ben Posts: 235
    via Wordpress

but is that functionality only granted with a jailborken iPhone/iTouch or is that natively there?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You don't need to jailbreak your iPhone to enable International Keyboards.