Monopoly for iPhone: Most Played Board Game comes to iPhone [iPhone Game Review]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMonopoly for iPhone: Most Played Board Game comes to iPhone [iPhone Game Review]

Monopoly, one of the most played board game in the world, has been made available for iPhone. It is a colorful game with an interface that is very simple to understand. Monopoly Here & Now, as its called on the iPhone involves negotiations, resource management and some amount of luck...

Read the full story here

Comments

• cpenner
    cpenner Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Well, it is a very fun game, but it's been out for almost a year now... A little slow on that one...

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, you're right, it's been around for quite sometime now. It was released in December last year.

We've always wanted to write reviews of iPhone apps or games we really like so that our readers can check them out in case they have missed them.

Unfortunately due to time constraints it hasn't been possible.

But we hope to write review of our favorite apps a lot more frequently.

• marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress

Good game; I play it occasionally on the iPhone. The main games I play are Muddled, Tetris, and Scrabble. I'm not a really graphics intensive gamer, hah.

• cpenner
    via Wordpress

Well, from personal experience, it's a pretty addictive game :)

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Good to know, that's exactly our view.

And that's really the idea behind reviewing apps that we like, so we can find a connection with you (our readers).

So we can share our favorite apps with you and you can share your favorite apps with us and fellow readers just like Marc has done below.

We don't want to write about all the iPhone apps/games out there (not that its possible with more than 30k apps on the App Store).

We hope you folks like the reviews as much we enjoy writing about them.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

the game is awesome but it destroys battery life

• cpenner
    via Wordpress

Good on ya, and I look forward to future reviews :)

• cpenner
    via Wordpress

I can attest to that... Best to play when plugged in haha.

• JambaGreg
    JambaGreg Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have had this game since it came out, my boyfriend & I play it against eachother alot at home. Its nice that even if you aren't able to play against someone becuase they don't have an iphone, you can play multiplayer on 1 device and just pass it around.
    I agree on the face that it sucks battery life, especially when playing a WiFi game, and that it does seem to crash ALOT when playing a WiFi game as well. I definately hope that the new Iphone OS 3.0 will fix this issue.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

why don't you consider requesting 'App User Reviews' based on your game review layout above? If your tied up with time, let your readers do the writing, you can select a review, check the App out, edit submission then publish. Ask for a specific App genre and see what happens. A simple credit of thanks would be enough
    A lot of people use this site for it's info, be nice to see a Users Reviews section too.
    Just a suggestion

Monopoly: my kids would murder me if I didn't play it with them, they'd bury my iPhone somewhere if they saw this game on it
    It is, and always will be a family favorite

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

A lot of people also tend to abuse of this "user review" privilage...

• TimW
    via Wordpress

i realize that it could be abused if it were 'open posting'
    My suggestion would be to submit review via email for selection or editing, then for iPhone Hacks team to review before turning it into an article about said application.
    There's too many sites that allow 'heated discussions' about topics then they turn into insults and the essence of the original post gets lost to bickering and squabbling. My phone's apps are better than your phones apps etc

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the suggestions.

We have been thinking on these lines as well and we are of the opinion that a forum with a section dedicated to App Reviews might be apt place for readers to submit reviews of their favorite iPhone apps.

We could probably write an article with links to the genuine and good app reviews and maybe even have rewards for the best app reviews depending on the response it generates.

What do you think?

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yankii said and I still agree that there are many who abuse forums and flame members and the opinions they post.
    Why not start with a limited forum, iPhone related only, with a negative post rating system ( 3 strikes {neg votes} your post gets removed)
    I'm willing to supply reviews on Apps that I find useful to myself, including PC interaction > (don't have a mac, I'm a Bill Gates minion.... Not through choice)(question on rectifying this later)<. as I use a fair few Apps like Discover, Folders, Veency and the like.
    Personally, if I use an App, it's because I like it, I don't need or want someone slating my prefs as has happened elsewhere in cyberworld
    If this will help, then I'm more than happy to put fingers on keys.

In the words of iphoneHacks........What do you think???

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Mac O/S question....
    I'm running Vista home premium, can I just d l a mac os and install straight onto my pc?

• popo
    popo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I haven't tried wifi, but I love when you play the AI because if you have more money than they do, go to auction on every property and just bid $1 more than their max! I forgot what replaced Boardwalk because there are so many different editions now, but I won it at auction for 140K!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Thanks, we have taken note of your suggestions.

yankii is right, forums can lead to abuse in fact we had forums but had to close it down due to excessive spam.

We are currently looking for a platform that would work for us and we plan to also nominate moderators to keep tab on abuse.

We hope to launch forums in this quarter, we'll keep you posted.

• JoKell
    JoKell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have been trying to figure out how to unmortgage a property on this app I just got it. Please help I know it cant be too difficult. ;)

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    To unmortgage a property, go into 'manage' (the house icon), touch the property you want to unmortgage. On the left-hand card you will see a red letter M - click on it and hey presto. :)
  • stu
    stu Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Can't get to work freezes on the setup screen. Fell like I got ripped off for $5
  • Brook
    Brook Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I can figure out how to change house rules. I see the rules, just can't see how to change.
  • Diane
    Diane Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have a weird language appearing that I cannot get rid of - please help.
  • Games
    Games Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks. Is it available for Android
    0991 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I can't either. Do you know already?
  • TurtleFaceHeroos
    TurtleFaceHeroos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have a weird language appearing and I don't know how to change it. Please help !!!