iPhone App to Track Deadly Swine Flu Outbreak Coming Soon to the iPhone

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone App to Track Deadly Swine Flu Outbreak Coming Soon to the iPhone

A few days ago when World Health Organization (WHO) director general warned of a Swine flu pandemic by raising the alert to levels 5, folks at IntuApps don't want iPhone users to be left out. They have submitted an iPhone app aptly called Swine Flu Tracker to track Swine flu...

Read the full story here

Comments

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Quite honestly, I'm not too concerned about the Swine Flu. I don't see what makes it any worse than any other Flu.

• duluen
    duluen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

regular flu kills sickly old people and young children, basically people with weakened/weak systems. H1N1 however is killing healthy young people with strong immune systems. Also the flu can pretty much be treated whenever, where as H1N1 can only be treated in a short window before nothing (at this point) can be done for you.
    It has the potential to be a HUGE problem as people who are otherwise healthy generally wont go to the doctor for flu symptoms, opting to just get some DM from from the local drugstore (this wont help) and thus failing to get treated in time.
    Also the treatments are very experimental at best at this point and are not widely available.
    As long as they get a good quarantine on those who are infected we should be alright, otherwise this could be REALY bad.

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

not to turn this in to a medical argument but the swine flu is actually about just as lethal as the normal flu, it has only killed people in Mexico. the only death so far in the US was a 9 month old all the other cases have gone home and are doing much better. If you take a look at the CDC's report it states that in a vast majority of the people that have gotten infected they have had minor symptoms and are doing fine. Also the swine flu is susceptible to various antiviral medications. And on top of that we have prophylactic medication for the paranoid person. So in all this is nothing more than a simple disease that has been blown way out of proportion.

PS: I work in the medical field and have to stay up to date and knowledgeable about all of this so i just might know what I'm talking about lol