iPhone vs Asus Netbook Extreme Typing Test in a Rally Car

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone vs Asus Netbook Extreme Typing Test in a Rally Car

If you are a long time iPhone user who is used to its on-screen virtual keyboard, you might find the need of a physical keyboard unnecessary. However, some folks insist that its one of deal breakers. We had already some hacks which have paired an external keyboard with the iPhone....

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

yea right , I agree , I drive in a race car all the time while typing and texting everyone , I tried that with a laptop but keeping it hooked up to the phone line is a **** , so i agree , for texting everyone while driving there is only one choice .
    Iphone baby.

• sky
    sky Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

That's BS,
    If I use a regular cellphone, such old old nokia 8210, I could type much faster than iPhone.
    You could really feel you're tyoin with computer or regular cellphone.
    However, You cannot feel it with iPhone. Under crowed condition, you could only see.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

I have a hard time believing the displayed text on the screen was actually what he was typing. You mean to tell me there was no auto-corrections done on the iphone during the test???

• Cameron
    Cameron Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Yes and no, I really beg to differ with you. It's all about what YOU use more. So maybe you can type faster with a different phone, and maybe I can type faster with the iPhone. It's all about what you're more accustom to.

• Jacob Spinney
    Jacob Spinney Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I've got to say I thought the virtual keyboard was a deal breaker. Now that I have one, I love it. EXCEPT for when I'm trying to play any game emulators there were really designed for physical buttons.

• Icemantep
    Icemantep Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hello all,

I agree, the virtual keyboard of the iPhone seemed a bit awkward at first
    But of course in little time I learned to prefer it.
    The physics kb is such stupid argument, the tradeoff being the large screen.
    AND all the rest!
    30 000 apps, iTunes,....
    If you needed a 'professionnal' evaluation
    A physical keyboard as a honest argument does NOT
    Hold.

I have also noticed that Crackberry "people" are less fun than
    iPhone owners ;-))))

• Flame Red
    Flame Red Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

"the iPhone's word correction feature seems to have made the difference." You have got to be kidding? The spell checker sucks and almost never gets the right word - not even close!

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

that is a load of crap. I have been in a moving car while moving on the laptop and can type no problems. But it is extremely difficult to type on the iphone while moving.

• Prague Hotel
    Prague Hotel Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I personally find the virtual keyboard annoying and end up having to look carefully at what I type. Saying that, I can definitely see its advantages over the classic keypads of mobile phones but its just a matter of getting used to it - I hope.

• ksimply@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

is it possible to download free apps without ITunes account. or its a bullshit...

• ksimply
    ksimply Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

how can i download flash Player on my IPhone 3G
    since a couple of days i try on www.nationalgeographics.com there was one option but to download flash player but safari could not install this application... so what to do......plz help
    Thanks all

• ksimply
    ksimply Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Dear Iphone
    we need also one more thing in the wish list
    every buddy says Iphone dont have embanded Radio,
    please we also, in Iphone every things is fineeeetaaastick but there is no Radio plz
    Request to Ipone Developers...other wise Nokia is ....

• Jbm
    Jbm Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

So the ergonomic issue has more to do with the fact that one's thumb can be controlled during all the vibration while the netbook gets bounced around relative to the hands. This test does a good job of testing the user's ability to use a small one handed device rather than a larger two handed device. Whether a querty keyboard on a blackberry is better or worse than an iPhone is still TBD.

It's a good result overall. I learned that I shouldn't try to operate my netbook while driving ;).