Apple Releases 4th Beta of iPhone OS 3.0 and Pre-release version of iTunes 8.2: Reveals More Details

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Releases 4th Beta of iPhone OS 3.0 and Pre-release version of iTunes 8.2: Reveals More Details

Apple has seeded developers of their iPhone Developer Program with the fourth beta version of iPhone OS 3.0 which Apple had previewed in March. The new beta version has revealed some more details of iPhone OS 3.0. Apple has also released a developer pre-release version of iTunes 8.2, which is...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Codyboen@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

Actually the Camera hasn't changed at all. The "preview" and "use" buttons only show up if you choose to take a picture for MMS in the messages application no the the camera itself.

Took a while to get this posted. If you need any help writing articles and staying up to date let me know. Also would you be interested in making this site for iPhone friendly I'd like to help.

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

huh that sucks i would like a preview when taking regular pictures and stuff cant wait for the new OS and the new iPhone

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

You can download the new iTunes and iPhone 3.0 Beta 4 from here:
    http://thepiratebay.org/****/4873645

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

your post is probably gonna get removed (they dont condone piracy)

• iPhoneNinja
    iPhoneNinja Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Not really piracy per se. It is after all a free upgrade.
    I'm still gong to wait a few weeks after it's released and jailbreakable.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

It is still piracy, "per se" if you are not in the Apple Dev Program. Pay or don't play! I wish Apple had a way to find you morons who download this beta release and then cry when you can't activate it or can't figure out how to get in DFU mode. From now on, you will be known only as iMoaners!

• geogo3r
    via Wordpress

I linked it for those who are in the dev program like I am. I just provided the link so you wouldn't have go to searching for it if you could use it.

And just because its a **** link makes it piracy? Would a megaupload link have been better?

• Dino
    Dino Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

What s up with those people in cydia
    Store no more new stuff since the 3.0
    Comes to light they just frooze!!!

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

True no new apps or anything just updates looks like we on an app freeze till 3.0 is out and cracked

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

APPLE DEVELOPER: I HAVE NOT SEEN MANY NEW CHANGES TO IPHONE 3.0 BETA 4. I DID FIND OUT THAT WHILE IN TEXT OR EMAIL MODE, IF YOU SHAKE THE IPHONE UP OR DOWN, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ERASE OR REMOVE THE LAST SENTENCE OR WORD YOU WROTE. PRETTY CRAZY, I GUESS THE PEOPLE AT APPLE ARE GETTING A LITTLE MORE CREATIVE. ANY NEW UPDATES I'LL LET YOU KNOW. JKATZ3466@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

• rez
    rez Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Mmmm - it still amazes me just how stupid some people can be about the whole piracy issue!? Are you really that bothered by it Bill?

Do you have people coming up to you in the street saying "Oh Bill - I've f$cked my iPhone up again 'cause I just don't listen to you"

Surely - you have better things to do with your time? Actually - so do I ... so why am I typing this!?

Go ahead - rip me apart.

• I Love my iPhone 3G
    via Wordpress

This feature is cool... tried it, and love it...

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

I have been beta testing the beta 3.0 and have had little trouble with version 1, 2, and 3. However, last night this all changed when I attempted to install beta 4. I attempted to install beta 4 on iTunes 8.1 and got an error message 1040 (or 1030 I forget) with the phone stuck in pink mode. I then reattempted the install and got an error 10 message still stuck in pink. I got to reading and realized I needed to update to the prerelease of iTunes 8.2. I did this and reattempted to install the upgrade again. My first attempt produced an error message 10something 30 or 40. My second attempt produced an error message 10. I tried to then use a previous beta build 2. no luck, it wouldn't even load that. All this time I was stuck in the pink screen.
    So after rebooting the computer, jiggling the cord (I'm desperate at this point), and switching USB ports, nothing. and now to top things off my iPhone won't go in to the pink mode. It just sits on the logo. It will let me do the home and power button reboot, but will go back to just sitting on the logo. I'm lost. I can't get the pink screen, I can't get it to take a firmware upgrade.
    It will display the logo for several minutes and then blink and go back to the logo.

Any one having similar problems? I am going mad here. I wish I had never tried out the beta.

Please help!

• I Love my iPhone 3G
    via Wordpress

Oh, god... Eric... you are everywhere... only saw your same post on Apple forum...

Anyway, have you try to put iPhone into DFU mode and connect to iTune?

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Eric putting your phone into DFU mode should fix the problem your having. Also if you have aN up to date Mac it won't go into DFU mode so try using a PC.

• geogo3r
    via Wordpress

But yeah... It really isn't piracy... The beta doesn't cost anything. Adding yourself to the developers list, does.

• gjg
    gjg Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

coming from someone who apple would like to find for hacking their phone. dont be so contradicting

• Shane
    Shane Posts: 59
    via Wordpress

I hate this feature when walking around.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

There will most likely be a sensitivity setting for it or even a disable, and maybe you shouldnt use your iPhone while walking around, if you were to bump into me, I'd be sure you "dropped" your iPhone.