World of Warcraft (WOW) Coming to iPhone?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageWorld of Warcraft (WOW) Coming to iPhone?

There were early rumors about the World of Warcraft (WOW) coming to iPhone but then nothing happened. This time, we have a video that seems more like a beta version of WOW running on the iPhone. A combination of 11 million WOW gamers and more than 20 million iPhone units...

Read the full story here

Comments

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Y is it that always that i want to watch a vid, they r removed?, i so wanted to c this 1

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

the vid was pretty cool i saw it on another site not a WOW fanatic but it definitely looked cool

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah looks like the video was removed, we have updated the post with another YouTube video which works.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

Im getting it whatev it takes. i found out about wow yesterday, and i said to my buddy "Wouldnt it be cool if i could play this on my iPhone, it wont ever happen but itd still be cool" and whhat do u know.

• Z
    via Wordpress

jst realized somthing coming back here, i hope 3.6Mb/s is enough to stream the game data to the phone, as it requires 13.9GB on my computer with it + 2 expansion packs

• Z
    via Wordpress

the vollee site is down, but if this is real then vollee player for iphone has been dev'd, Second life would come with it. (its the current interest in the Vollee player program, i used google cache to see their site)

• Z
    via Wordpress

yep finished the vid, the icon in the bottom left (red V like thing) is the Vollee player icon, it has been ported! SECOND LIFE AND WOW WILL SOON WORK.

• Z
    via Wordpress

when i posted this comment i didnt know anythign about Vollee, ur comp does the processing and the iphone jst acts as a dumb client (or thin client, wikipedia it) receiving images one by one and sending control commands, it should work fine on 7.2Mb/s (not 3.6 as i had thought,, thats att currentt, iphone curr is 1.8 sadly, but the new one wil be exactly 4 times faster internet in good conditions)

• Abdou
    Abdou Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

C'mon , this vid is a hell of tricked one, haven't u all noticed that !!!!!!!!!!

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

porting warcraft really would be a waste of time, unless its some kind of cut down app with limited functionality. Anyone who has played the game knows that there are far too many buttons to be able to have any level of normal game activity.

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

I agree, but if you do play wow and you are stuck somewhere you dont wanna be, you could easily complete some quests or work on skills. there is no way you could do a raid or anything like that, but you could do the simple stuff to pass time. i like the idea.

• Voodoos
    Voodoos Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Damn, Wow on my iphone, that would be tight!

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

Im a WoW player and i would of never even thought of playing it on my phone, i have to set a schedule to my gaming just so i go to work on time. If this happens im going to get in so much trouble at work cuz that's all ill ever do. Oh god there goes my life....
    BRING IT ON!!! lol

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

According to Wikipedia, where most things should be taken with a grain of salt, the company no longer seems to exist since their offices in the US closed and their phones disconnected.

The company probably gave up and instead will probably just hold the patent to make money from anyone attempting to do the same thing.

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress
  • Sandy
    Sandy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

santosh.negi@nhindia.com

• Sandy
    Sandy Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

www.google.com for test data

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I have a samsung blackjack on the AT&T 3G network and I tether that phone to my laptop and use it as a cellular modem to play WOW on the train to and from work sometimes. The 3G speed is perfectly capable for running WoW. However, I highly doubt AT&T will allow that seeing as it would carry the potential to severely diminish the available 3G bandwidth. My guess is that it will only run off the wifi radio.

• Morpheus
    Morpheus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

it would be awesome to have it on the phone

• Hazel Knight
    Hazel Knight Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am real proud with the intellection and don't experience like adding anything in it. It a perfect article.

Rachel Kinker
    What does everyone else thing of the site mymmoshop? A lot of people are saying it is the #1 one site in world in terms of where to buy wow gold. My experience with them has been great so far. Peace out man.
    Buy WoW Gold

• Buy WoW Gold
    Buy WoW Gold Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am real proud with the intellection and don't experience like adding anything in it. It a perfect article.

Rachel Kinker
    What does everyone else thing of the site mymmoshop? A lot of people are saying it is the #1 one site in world in terms of where to buy wow gold. My experience with them has been great so far. Peace out man.
    Buy WoW Gold

• Buy WoW Gold
    Buy WoW Gold Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Nice Article.

Rachel Kinker
    Buy WoW Gold