Apple Rejects Drivetrain - BitTorrent Controller iPhone App as it could be used to Infringe Third Pa

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Rejects Drivetrain - BitTorrent Controller iPhone App as it could be used to Infringe Third Party Rights

Folks at Maza Digital who had submitted their iPhone app, Drivetrain which is a remote control app for Transmission, a BitTorrent client for Mac OS X and other platforms are reporting that their iPhone app has got rejected by Apple. They have received an email from Apple stating that “this...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Never knew this app existed. I have been looking for an app that can do this, My search just ended, but not in a good mood :P

Anyway, I find it very annoying having to goto the website that you set up (the remote control one via Transmission setting)

Any more news on this is appreciated,
    Thanks for the Post

-Kyle

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

"What do you think Apple should do to fix the approval process?"

Ask 'US', the end user what we'd *like* to have.
    Not tell us what we cant have!

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Don't mean to be a grammar geek or anything but I just spotted a small typo.

"reporting that their iPhone app has got rejected by Apple."

Should be, "their iPhone app has been rejected by Apple."

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Hello Apple, your iPhone is often used for the purpose of infringing third party rights!!! I would bet 80% of music on iPhones is not legit.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

i asked a few friends around the world, they in turn asked 10 of their friends. My somewhat unofficial survey came up with.....100% of those asked had illegally sourced music on their phones, only 7 out of 89 people had games they paid for and all who had video's (films) were sourced from torrents or bluetooth
    Now you don't see Nokia or Sony Ericsson putting blocks up do you??

• alyx
    alyx Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Yeah right. You know, kitchen knives "could be used to Infringe Third Party Rights" either. Why don't we ban them too? And hammers or baseball bats along the way! Especially since they can "infringe" rights that are much more relevant than copy-rights.