How to upgrade modem firmware of a jailbreaked iPhone?

Options
Franklin Vaz
Franklin Vaz Posts: 2
edited February 2015 in iPhone Forum
Hai friends!

I am an unlocker (beginner) i have iPhone 4 which is jailbreaked and cydia installed through PANGU. When i try to run ultrasnow, it shows me the following error. Please help me. i am desperately in need of this.

Current version details:
-------------------------
Version: 7.1.2 (11D257)
Model: MD198B/A
Modem Firmware: 04.12.09

Cydia error details:
---------------------
(Error message: The requested modifications cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed)

mobilesubstrate>=0.9.3209- 1
iOS Firmware <5.0
mobilesubstrate>=0.9.3900

If my understanding is correct, i have to upgrade my modem firmware to 5.0 and above. Please help me, how to do this!

Regards,
Frank
Post edited by Franklin Vaz on

Comments

• Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    Options
    Only baseband 01.59.00 for iPhone 4 can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

It is not possible to downgrade the modem firmware. You should probably check out IMEI based solutions, which offer the service for a fee.
  • Franklin Vaz
    Options
    Gautam said:

Only baseband 01.59.00 for iPhone 4 can be unlocked using Ultrasn0w.

It is not possible to downgrade the modem firmware. You should probably check out IMEI based solutions, which offer the service for a fee.

Thank you very much Gautam, plz direct me from here. What should be my next move.
  • Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    Options
    If you're looking to unlock your iPhone 4, then the best option is to reach out to your carrier to see if they will unlock your device. iPhone 4 is quite old, so if you've paid for the contract then they should unlock your device.

If that is not an option then you should try one of the IMEI based solutions, which can cost $5 - $150 depending on your carrier. However, please be careful as not all of them are reliable.