Apple's Ultimatum to Developers: New and Existing iPhone Apps must be Compatible with iPhone OS 3.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's Ultimatum to Developers: New and Existing iPhone Apps must be Compatible with iPhone OS 3.0

Developers were greeted with an email from Apple few days back (along with the availability of the 5th beta version of iPhone OS 3.0) that all submissions to the App Store will be reviewed on the latest beta of iPhone OS 3.0. If their iPhone app submission is not compatible...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kp3g
    kp3g Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Makes sense, if they are releasing a new iphone preloaded with 3.0 OS, it would be very embarrassing for apple to have a product which is not compatible with many of their apps.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

yes it would, this is a good move, but still shouldnt everything be compatible already?

• Nick Sharratt
    Nick Sharratt Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I rewatched the Apple keynote presentation for OS3.0 and they were very clear from the outset that devs needed to start checking their apps for compatabilty straight away. Seems this e-mail is just a timely reminder to get cracking - possibly because Apple have identified apps which are not comparable and the devs haven't revisited yet?

• Geoff
    Geoff Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

We have an app called Snap!t Photo Mail. We print and mail photos directly from the iPhone to anywhere in the U.S. Users are required to create an account and provide us with payment info so that we can charge them for their orders. I hope this does not become an issue with 3.0, however, if there was a way to integrate it so that Apple handled the payment processing you would get no complaints from me!