Apple's New iPhone could come with a Built-in Magnetometer (Digital Compass)

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's New iPhone could come with a Built-in Magnetometer (Digital Compass)

Apple disabled MMS, blocked editing of the carrier file which is required to enable tethering in iPhone OS 3.0. and introduced parental controls over iPhone apps based on age in the fifth beta version of iPhone OS 3.0 that was seeded to developers couple of days back. Folks at BGR...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Major
    Major Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

would be just another cool feature to have.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

wouldnt do much... but could be alright.

• Dean
    Dean Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

Thanks for apple for all this cool features.the only thing that i would see changed is the battery because it is no good.

• Tank
    Tank Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

How sensitive and fast is this magnotometer? It could be a great tool for determing the direction in google maps or any GPS. GPS will not have to calculate the direction anymore!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I can't think of other uses for this other than GPS although it will help alot when turn-by-turn becomes available. Maybe now Google's Map will stop directing me to make so many U-turns.

There was a rumor about Tom-Tom creating an iPhone app but was killed when Apple's policy did not allow turn-by-turn at the time. I hope they decide to give it another go. Google is somewhat amature on directions and I don't always trust them.