iPhone OS 3.0: Improvements Observed in Predictive Text Feature

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 3.0: Improvements Observed in Predictive Text Feature

In addition to features like Cut, Copy & Paste, MMS, landscape keyboard support for iPhone apps such as Mail, SMS and Notes, and Push Notification Service, Apple is also rolling out some minor tweaks in iPhone OS 3.0. Yesterday, we heard that users will be able to take better photos...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zincous
    Zincous Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Yeah definitely seeing improvements in the predictive text feature in beta 4.

It's remembering odd, long strange words I've recently used that I know would not be in the dictionary.

It's been nice, save me a little bit of time and is a nice surprise when I see words I didn't want to have to type all the way out show up.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

That's excellent, I guess we won't need to teach the iPhone to swear with the improvements :)

Thanks for the prompt feedback!

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

lol yea i hate that when i want to swear i want to swear lol

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

My iPhone used to always change my cursing. It was so annoying.

Im not sure if its just my phone but my Messages app gets really really laggy after a while and usually will freeze for a couple mins and slowly start to type the message.

Anyone else having this issue?

• angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress

i hate typing lol and getting LOL.

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

I know! It makes me feel like... I'm laughing loudly like a complete idiot for some reason. (Even though its in the form of text, LOL makes it seems like I'm shouting it. Haha)

• Zincous
    Zincous Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

That doesn't happen in 3.0 thank goodness!

I've noticed that "LOL" doesn't show up at all anymore. Just "lol" like normal. I think they took out the annoying requirement where it didn't learn "lol" and always had "LOL" show up.

Or predictive text can finally remember you want to say "lol"