Apple might Allow Movie and TV Show Downloads directly on the iPhone?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple might Allow Movie and TV Show Downloads directly on the iPhone?

Open Salon blogger, Kwame Jones had reported last week that he had stumbled upon a new iTunes Store user interface for downloading movies and TV shows directly on the iPhone, including support for movie rentals via an advertisement in the new ad supported version of iPhone app - Twitterfon. I...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Novakon
    Novakon Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

wi-fi on the iPhone is so slow. It will be painful to download anything over 100mb

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

That's a good point.

Apple's New iPhone is expected to support faster Wi-Fi so guess it would make a lot more sense for those who buy that one.

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

iPhoneHacks: good news, there's a new posting on Gizmodo (it's near the top page of Digg, too) about some leaked images of the new iPhone, including interface shots. No word on reliability other than what Gizmodo says in the piece, but I figured you could do some hotlinking to the images along with your own thoughts.

Cheers!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey TJ,

Thanks for the tip, appreciate it.

We will cover it soon!

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

Updated: The pics were taken by none other than a Mister Blurrycam!

Engadget also ran a piece, albeit with only 2 pics, but they're fairly hi-res and detailed.

• Punk_Poet
    Punk_Poet Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I have already been downloading movies over 3g and even edge using my jailbroken iphone. But I think it will be great that apple is starting to open the doors with all the new features I might not have to jailbrak when the new OS comes out.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I read about a wireless device, about the size of a credit card, that is supposed to create a wireless internet bubble around it like a router. The portable device runs on batteries and allows you to share an internet connection with all wireless internet devices including the iphone. This might be a good option for downloading larger files on the go although it limits your usage to 5gb a month max just like other data cards.