Next Gen iPhone Icon in iPhone OS 3.0 SDK Reveals No Major Physical Changes?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNext Gen iPhone Icon in iPhone OS 3.0 SDK Reveals No Major Physical Changes?

You might remember that couple of months back developers had discovered references to unreleased iPhone models in iPhone OS 3.0. Folks at MacTalk.com.au are reporting that they have also discovered the icon of the unreleased "iPhone2,1" model (which was speculated as Apple’s third generation iPhone based on the model number)...

Read the full story here

Comments

• lvidal
    lvidal Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

those icons are too small to see any differences.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

If they can fit all the new hardware into a user friendly case, then why redesign a new one.
    Apple save on production costs, We save on purchase price
    The iphone/touch is instantly recognisable, so why change its iconic look
    I daresay Apple compared consumer feedback against manufacturing costing and came up with "If it aint broke, Why fix it??"
    Personally i like the iphone design, it sits right and is so easy to operate. Id be sad to see it undergo a radical change just because every other manufacturer spits out a new model ( or outer casing >S.E lol) every few weeks
    So i say, Keep the look, its Symbolic, its Iconic, its an iPhone!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I agree with the philosophy "If it aint broke, Why fix it??"

But I'm quite sure there will be some physical changes to differentiate between iPhone 3G and the 3rd generation iPhone just like there were between the 1st gen iPhone and iPhone 3G.

It might not be radical but I'm certain there will be some change which is why I think the icon which appears to be identical to iPhone 3G's icon is just a placeholder.

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I agree if it ain't broke, why fix it? So please go back to the more stable back original iPhone, I don't like the tapered edge design the 3g sports. Other than that I love the iPhone 3g design it's an instant classic from the future.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

This is a stupid article, they're just placeholders, they're just the 3g icons copied! unless they're at least a few pixels different then they're just to hold the place to make everything link properly

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

That's exactly what we have stated in the article.

• sizzler
    sizzler Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

u guys seriously have too much time on your hands!!!

• Z
    via Wordpress

who says we save on price? i love apple but knowing their greed we wont save anything

• Z
    via Wordpress

Then why did you post it? not trying to be mean but just really curious about that.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

The reason for posting the article was because we wanted to voice our opinion about something the blogosphere was getting excited which seemed a little misplaced to us.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Writing new articles creates more comments. The more comments, the more keywords. The more keywords the higher the page ranking. The higher the page ranking, the higher the traffic count. The higher the traffic count, the more people looking at ads. The more people looking at ads, the more money the site owner makes.

Seems pretty simple to me ;-)

• sizzler
    sizzler Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

LOL i couldn't agree with you any more!!!

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

What is it with people... I'm under the impression that the Avatars are determined by your location (most likely determined by IP) and yours is different than the usual iPhoneHacks icon so why even try?

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Oh I see what this is about. Well in that case, so what if they make money? Every site you visit makes money off of you. Even Google.

• Scott
    Scott Posts: 164
    via Wordpress

Not sure what good the IP address would be. I was in the US when adding my comment and now I am Europe commenting on yours. I'm pretty sure my IP number is going to change from time to time ;-)

Anyway, my comment was meant to be humorous, nothing else. If you can't make money doing what you love to do, then why do it?

If I didn't love this site, I wouldn't waste my time here. The articles are timely, fun ,and for the most part, very accurate.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

-Scott

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

We're glad that you love the site as much as we love writing about the iPhone.

We look forward to more comments from you in the future.