Apple's New iPhone: Faster Processor, Double RAM, Double Storage, Better Camera

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple's New iPhone: Faster Processor, Double RAM, Double Storage, Better Camera

Daring Fireball's John Gruber has provided some details of Apple's new iPhone based on "information from informed sources". According to him, Apple's next generation iPhone will have a faster processor, more RAM, more storage capacity, better camera with auto-focus which will also be able to record videos. He is someone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

will the apple logo at the back glow and will there be a camera in the front for ichat

• Jacob
    Jacob Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I have the iPhone 3G and Cannot wait till they release there new iPhone It sounds amazing. and I am going to be there and get it the day it comes out. :)(: EXCITED!!! SOUNDS WAY BETTER THEN MY 3G

• kyle
    kyle Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

What I was thinking, I don't think that the camera will.

Yes the glowing logo would be cool, yet not necessary. I can see it as something that would have a problem, and cause lots of iPhones to be shipped back :P

• Tk927
    Tk927 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I think it's dumb that there not going to change the look. Why wouldn't they? I like all the other changes though.I wounder what the 4th gen iPhone is going to be like.

• Mike Le
    Mike Le Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I think that a black matte plastic would be nice. I dont think that Apple really changes their products in terms of looks too much.

• iwik76@hotmail.co.uk
    via Wordpress

The important info we need is when is the new iphone out in the uk? please please be this side of crimbo!!!!

I want i want i want...
    :-)

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

As per Usual, UK users will have to wait out for a delayed release, but to me that's not a bad thing.
    Why?
    A) It gives people like the Dev Team time to work their magic
    B) people get to strip it down to bare bones and post their findings. Beats me having to sign up to an extortional contract just for a device I know nothing about.

I seem to get the impression that people expect the new iPhone to be ready for delivery on the day of the announcment, is this 'traditional' for Apple or do they just 'announce' the availability date at the conference?

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Tim I'm not 100% sure but I am pretty sure that at the WWDC they will announce the date the new iPhone will probably come out (I have heard July 7th).

I don't really think that I am going to upgrade to the new iPhone. I don't play games much on it so I am fine where I am right now. As long as the 3G can record videos with the final 3.0 update I'll stay with the 3G.

If it's not available I'll have to consider upgrading..

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I totally agree. I can't see the point of an upgrade unless there's some real Major changes.
    If the new model boasts a few changes over the 3.x os then it's change for the sake of change (unless of course it's a vanity thing)
    As it stands, I already have 'most' of the announced 3.x software from Icy, Kryptes, Installer & cydia (anyone else rate them in this order?)
    Ok, most of us have Jailbroken to give a wider scope, All Apple seem to be doing is modding 3rd party apps into their new os, not a lot of new stuff for a lot of us tho, same app with an Apple tag to it!!

• dumpweed
    dumpweed Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

last year we got it the same time as everyone else. for most countries it was a worldwide release.

• TimW
    via Wordpress

I was led to believe that there was a 30 day wait. The Worldwide announcment was 'unilateral'
    I seem to recall O2 having a delayed shipment which caused an uproar.
    Maybe im wrong (I'm not always right, but I'm not often wrong lmao)

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

i hope the boost in ram & processor speeds are enough. comparing it to the 3g and not the 1st gen iphone there pretty much no difference in the cpu. im getting tired how sluggish transitions are and apps crashing especially if you jailbreak the phone.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Sean,

Please feel free to send us an email at admin@iphonehacks.com.

cheers!

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I certainly hope not for both!
    Glowing apple = more battery consumption
    Front camera = more expensive dataplan in Canada and more explanation to be given if it's turned off

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Didn't Apple already say that iPhone 3G can't do videorecording because of [type here some techno cr@p excuses]?

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

So I just bought a new 3G iphone a couple weeks ago with a new 2 yr commitment, if this news is true I should take it back since I am withing the 30 day period, right? When is it expected that this version 3 iphone will be released?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

There was a rumor that Apple's next generation iPhone will be launched on July 17 and speculations that it will be announced at WWDC next month.

• crystallattice
    crystallattice Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone the iPhone already has a 620MHz CPU which is underclocked to the current operating frequency of ~400MHz. Maybe they just changed the clock settings - and not upgraded the CPU? Maybe some clever modder can unlock this feature for the average Joe?

• t.m.
    t.m. Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Both can be good.
    The glowing apple will relate the trademark features of the macbooks to the iphone, a smart marketing and stylish move.
    The front camera would be a revolutionary advancement for mainstream cell phones, and the issues you mentioned with that sound more like personal problems? I feel with social networking nowadays, many would welcome and even appreciate that new feature. Video calling and ichat are advancing progressions for communication technology.