Apple to Differentiate Future iPhone Models using Software?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple to Differentiate Future iPhone Models using Software?

You might remember that late last week analyst, Yair Reiner of Oppenheimer, who visited Apple's headquarters in Cupertino, CA had reported that Apple's management felt that: "iPhone is still in its early days and could gain share by: providing more functionality; lowering prices; growing geographically; or segmenting the market with...

Read the full story here

Comments

• mokilla
    mokilla Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

first this is raw if they really do this i mean giving us three options to choose from ill get the highest priced iphone either way it goes i nedd the best there is u know.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I don't see Apple releasing an iPhone Nano. Some people are still using the first gen iPhone which doesn't have all the hardware the current one does but I'm sure will work with the 3.0 update. A smaller iPhone would mean Apple would have to buy more parts such as casings, screens, and even batteries costing them more; not to mention it would make lanscape mode somewhat pointless.

• Major
    Major Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i agree, i always by the best and most expensive model to make sure i get the most out of it.

• Caco Potoso
    Caco Potoso Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

If they use software to enable or disable specific features, I guess it will take exactly 2 weeks for someone to figure out the unlock for those features... Come on, this has been tried before and someone will find a workaround.