Apple to Introduce Cheaper iPhone on Monday?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple to Introduce Cheaper iPhone on Monday?

Financial Times is reporting that according to Morgan Stanley analyst, Kathryn Huberty, Apple plans to introduce a cheaper version of the iPhone. The analyst who is citing “people familiar with the initiative”, expects a price cut of $50 or $100 which means Apple could offer an entry-level iPhone at either...

Read the full story here

Comments

• j katz
    j katz Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

And what would the difference be? Just storage?

• SIM
    SIM Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I hate AT&T! Apple please open it up to other networks!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If Apple launches a cheaper iPhone, I doubt it would have the same features of the new iPhone.

I would think it would have lower storage capacity, 8 or 16GB (there also rumors of a 4GB iPhone) and more or less specs of iPhone 3G without things like video recording, faster processor, more RAM, support faster connectivity etc which is expected in Apple's new iPhone.

But then again, it would depend on the price cut.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Hurrr'd dat sim !!!

AT&T should die....
    T-Mobile should be the primary provider for the iPhone!!

And they should make a CDMA version (kinda like BlackBerry did with the Storm!!)

If there was GSM and CDMA, they would dominate the cell phone industry!!

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

dont matter to me I am getting my iphone video and then selling my 3g iphone or maybe giving it to my brother

• Ian.A
    Ian.A Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I have a question regarding the 3.0 firmware:

Is it likely to be released straight after WWDC or coupled with the launch of the new iPhone?

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

that's really nice of you if you give it to your brother. That's what I'm doing even though I could sell it on craigslist and get about $400 I feel like my brother would be really happy and that's worth more than money. RRRight?