Dev Team Confirm iTunes 8.2 Breaks Jaibreaking; Updated QuickPwn & PwnageTool after iPhone OS 3.0 is

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Confirm iTunes 8.2 Breaks Jaibreaking; Updated QuickPwn & PwnageTool after iPhone OS 3.0 is Released

We had reported yesterday that the iPhone Dev team had warned users who want to jailbreak their iPhone to avoid upgrading to iTunes 8.2 as it breaks their QuickPwn and PwnageTool tools and iPhone tunneling suite (ssh over USB) required for jailbreaking. They have just published a post which provides...

Read the full story here

Comments

• mokilla
    mokilla Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I cant wait untill firmware 3.0 gets released along with the official 3.0 jailbreak. i have 3.0 beta 5 jailbroken but theres not much i can do right now

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I think i will wait for Devteam to release jailbreak.
    I have a question...i have a jailbroken iPhone 3G fw 2.2.1....when 3.0 is released can i just update it normally with itunes?

• Mike Le
    Mike Le Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Dont update it normally. You will update your basband and lose yellowsn0w. If you dont care about unlocking your iPhone then just update like normal.

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

no I couldn't unlock it as it has bootloader 5.09 :(.
    So if i update it normally i will just loose my jailbreak apps but keep my other data?

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

If your on Windows, can you update iTunes or does this also affect the Windows version of iTunes?

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Hopefully YellowSn0w will be released soon enough, because im tired of 2.2 already, and 3.0 sounds yummy

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Im definately waiting. Though i am very much looking forward to playing with the new features of 3.0, it's not worth breaking what I have in place and configured now.

• Arash Nabili
    Arash Nabili Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I don't have iTunes, but I don't want to download version 8.2, where can I download version 8.1.1?

• Nigel
    Nigel Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

My iphone is jailbroken, running 2.2.1 (5H11) firmware. When released: What would be the correct way to upgrade to 3.0 (without losing installed apps)?

• PEPE
    PEPE Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Yeah I can´t wait neither till the new 3.0 get released along the jailbreak,hope the DevTeam gets it quick, they are da bomb!!
    I am on 2.0 and would like to update to 3.0 ASAP.
    Thanks DevTeam, amazing job!!

• Yabadabadoo
    Yabadabadoo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

dev team please unlock 3.0, it's all I want for Xmas ;)

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

I want to upgrade to firmware 3.0 and then jailbreak it.

x'mas is too faraway. i hope we can have the jailbreak asap.

• paxPacis
    paxPacis Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

After running the BETA's 4 and 5 and missing the SBsettings the most..
    I'm now using the 3.0 gold version without any Cydia/Installer apps..

Still missing the sbsettings to quickly enable/disable bluetooth and would really like some skinning and different icons..
    But the new features like searching in email and the landscaping sms are worth it.

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

what happens if i upgrade to 8.2 itunes and it breaks my phone's ability to use an alternate sim card. Is there a way i can downgrade itunes or fix my phone to use the alternate sim?

• manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Hello! I have 2 questions...

1, If you upgrade to this OS 3.0 then, will all the existing apps remain on your iPhone or will you have to reinstall everything?

2, Also, have the Dev Team created a Pwnage tool to jailbreak the official OS 3.0 once it is released does anyone know? Will a Pwnage tool be available for download immediately or will the Dev Team have to tweak the tool accordingly and if so how long could it take to be made available?

I wasn't particularly looking forward to the new software that much really until now. Now it's been mentioned about the probability of jailbreaking the new software. Just counting down the days now. Sad - I know! lol

• KraKsX
    KraKsX Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

im upgrading to 3.0 on Wed. My phone is jailbroken currently, but not unlocked. So I see no real reasoon to wait. The only ressoon I jailbreak is to run PdaNet to tether for free. And I can do with out it for the week or so for the jailbreak to be released by the dev team. I really want stereo Bluetooth. It's worth the trade off.

Guest Posts: 44
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I was wondering if I upgrade to 3.0 and it upgrades my baseband to the latest one will it also update the bootloader? At the moment I have the bootloader that lets you downgrade your baseband. I don't want to lose the ability to downgrade my baseband with the current fuzzyband tool.

Thanks

• andy mackay
    andy mackay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

it's like the 17th of June here in the uk NOW (02:03) as I talk, does this mean I can get the update now, Or do we need to wait for the Sherman's to get to the 17th?.

PS I just updated to iToons 8.2, well I didn't know at least I have plugged my phone in.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

I accidentally tried to jailbreak my iPod touch 2g 3.0 on iTunes 8.2. While doing this something went wrong and I had to restore it. I had just found out about the whole iTunes 8.2 problem after I tried to jailbreak it. I was just wondering I've heard that it break the ability to jailbreak it or something.does that mean I can never jailbreak my iPod again?? Please someone...just a yes or no answer thanks.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

As of now, there is no issue jailbreaking an iPhone or iPod Touch running iPhone OS 3.0 (). So you should be fine for now, however you need to be careful before upgrading to the latest firmware (iPhone OS 3.1 which is in beta) and wait for the Dev Team to release their hacking tools to jailbreak the latest iPhone OS.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

So what do I use to jailbreak my iPod touch 2g 3.0? Thanks by the way for the help