iPhone 3G S Launch on Friday; Lines form in New York and Tokyo

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone 3G S Launch on Friday; Lines form in New York and Tokyo

If you thought the hype for Apple's iPhone 3G S would be tempered as compared to the original iPhone and iPhone 3G, then think again as the over-eager iPhone fanboys have already started forming lines outside Apple's flagship store on 5th Avenue in New York and Tokyo to be the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

lol no i am gonna hold off and get one when theres no line lol its crazy out there in those lines

• ★ iPhoneHacks & Mods ★
    via Wordpress

I'm chillin outside of my Apple Store right now, ... there's 8 of us so far, and it's only 12:33AM ... MORE TO COME SOON!!!

This should be interesting!! I'm buyin 5 !

• asd
    asd Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

**** them, I can't upgrade because AT&T decided to screw with my account and move my upgrade from July 09 to Dec 09 after I merged one line off my account..

• Games905
    Games905 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

WOW!....over hyped...

theres no big reason for even getting the 3Gs if u have the 3g Jailbroken...

its just so apple can make more money...

ill prolly upgrade thru ROGERS, and sell mine and still make some cash after its all said and done with...

HAVE FUN waiting in line...lol

• meks
    meks Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This should be interesting!!
    iPhone not HSDPA, just 3G ..
    i luv it, tetapi ga punya duit..
    sometimes saya akan membelinya.
    tQ yo..

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

I got mine! Uk o2 store! First in the store! Quite a cool bit of kit, apple have done it again, SO much faster and smoother. :-)

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

can it be jailbroken?

• Tc
    Tc Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

So, I had a 3G S preordered but not paid for at my local Apple $tore. Drive by at 7am and there are 50-70 people in line. Decided I there was no way I was going to fall into that insanity. So, cruised by the local AT&T store, walked in and out with a phone in 15 minutes. People really are like cattle....

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Got mine at Yorkdale mall at the Rogers plus store. I think there was a glitch in the system because I got the 3G S for the upgrade price despite owning the orignal 3G last July. I got mine for 299 cad dollars. Was expecting to at the 449 cad early upgrade free. It could be that I'm a valued customer since my cell phone bills are well over 100$ a month. Nevertheless the phone is great. Very fast and responsive. The funny part is that there is no way to tell if the phone is a 3G or a 3G S from the exterior. The back is dentical to the 3G. The only way to tell is the extra compass app or to hold down the home button for voice communication. The video camera does what it does. Nothing special however.

• Ruffedge
    Ruffedge Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Those people are idiots

• emtff219704
    emtff219704 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I got mine at an AT&T store at 8:45am. I walked in, bought the phone. He asked if I wanted him to unbrick it there or I could just take it home and activate it myself through iTunes. I said I'll take it home and do it there. 5 minutes in and out. They weren't busy at all there.

• Dan c
    via Wordpress

I agree, there was no line up at mine either. 1 or 2 people. In and out in less than 10 min

• Dan c
    via Wordpress

Btw everybody the screen is fingerprint resistant. I have oily hands by nature and I notice a definite resistance to fingerprints in the iPhone 3G S. Not complete risistance but enough not to annoy you or hinder the view.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

iTunes cannot activate my new 3GS, what is wrong?

• mikegudz
    mikegudz Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

okay so this is kinda off topic, but when i upgraded my 3g on wednesday to 3.0 i couldnt find the batter percentage symbol on the status bar or anywhere in the settings app. also notices how when i first upgraded the app store had the "more" button and the redeem option and now it doesnt. so i thought it was just the phone, but now i got my 3gs by ups this morning and it still doesnt have the battery or new app store look. oh i forgot to mention that my 3g was jailbroken and when i upgraded to 3.0 my custom carrier name stayed on and when i restored my 3gs my custom carrier name showed up on there too. i found that strange and funny..

can someone help me about the battery and app store thing?

• mikegudz
    mikegudz Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

also, i am giving my 3g to a friend and need to unlock it he bought a turbo sim for the 3.0 software. can he use that until ultrasnow comes out or once u use that u cant take it out?

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

i DROVE BY MY LOCAL APPLE STORE AND SAW ABOUT 300 PEOPLE IN LINE.... I THEN THOUGHT , LET ME DRIVE BY MY ATT LOCAL STORE .... SO I DID AND THERE IT WAS !!! NOONE IN LINE SO GOT OUT OF MY FJ CRUISER BOUGHT ONE AND DROVE OFF WITH IN 20MIN WEN MY LOCAL APPLE STORE AND SCREAMED " THERE IS NOONE AT THE ATT 5 MIN FROM HERE AND THEY THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY PULLED OUT MY 3GS PACKAGE AND THEY STARTED TO MOVE....HAHAHAHHA IT WAS SO AMUSING IM STEEL LAUGHING AS IM TYPING THESE!!!

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress

Took a loan and bought the 3G.. Could not resist after seeing there was no line at best buy and ATT store in NY Soho are this morning... 500$ later, hummmm

By 11 am the att storeat union square was out of 16g, so walked to best buy, no line at either store and first one there at best buy round 11. They were counting their delivery and separating the preorders from the walk inn’s but I told them at the apple web site it reads: there is no guarantee for preorders since phones are sold on first come first serve basis..

Great phone... there's no lag! Everything happens in real time...

Perhaps with push notification a new version of undercover will work in the background.

http://www.orbicule.com/undercover/

So I first come first serve….

• no@no.com
    no@no.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

No picture SMS say ATT with Iphone 3gS till late summer!!!!