Will jailbreak carry to a new device?

Options
Hi,
I have an Ipod 4g with ios 6. Ive always had icloud backing up my files, and recently, i jailbroke my ipod. i was deciding to get a new ipod with ios 8, but was wondering if the jailbreak i had could carry on to my new device through my icloud files. Please answer ASAP!
Thanks,
Noah

(P.s: if i had to restore my ipod to factory settings, what would be the process to change it and have all my icloud files restored again?)

Comments

• Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    Options
    No, you need to re-jailbreak the new device again, and reinstall the jailbreak tweaks.

However note that if the new iPod is on iOS 8.4.1 then you won't be able to jailbreak it.

When you're setting up your new device, it will prompt you to restore from backup. You can choose to restore from iCloud at this point.
  • Noahsssss
    Options
    Gautam said:

No, you need to re-jailbreak the new device again, and reinstall the jailbreak tweaks.

However note that if the new iPod is on iOS 8.4.1 then you won't be able to jailbreak it.

When you're setting up your new device, it will prompt you to restore sfrom backup. You can choose to restore from iCloud at this point.

Oh, so i wont have to worry about my new device getting jailbroken like the previous one? At all?
  • Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    Options
    No, you need to jailbreak your device. Restoring it from backup doesn't install the jailbreak.