iPhone 3G S Announced: Faster, 3MP Camera, Video, Improved Battery and More

2»

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

We have updated the post as you were the only one of our site.

Good one!!!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Admin@iPhoneHacks.com

• Rgm
    Rgm Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

If I have an iphone3g
    Can I upgrade for free?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I would still say avoid it.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

actually, you'll have to pay at least 499

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

We have updated this post with the screenshot.

Thanks a lot.

cheers!

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Yes the 3.0 Software is free for all iPhone customers and $9.99 for iPod touch users.

• joltes
    joltes Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know the reasoning behind punishing loyal iPhone users by making us pay an additional 200 dollars just to get a new phone? That is the most ridiculous marketing I have ever heard of. I am on my third as of now, and would love to have the video capabilities of the new one. But not for 500 dollars. It really makes me wanna just dump them altogether.

• terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Sorry Palm Pre, better luck next time! (If you ever get a next time,) :O

• edulse
    edulse Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I also don't quite understand the reasoning behind this, but I take it that it's got something to do with the fact that within two or so years there are millions of new ATT customers thanks to the iphone, and since they see demand for the phone not falling anytime soon, all of a sudden, we are not so special anymore!

Anyhow, I was wondering if maybe we could get away with paying the additional $200 by adding a new line to our existing ATT account, buying the 3GS for the new line and then canceling the old one...could it be possible to do this?

• ct
    ct Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Can't wait!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the Dev team can quicky unlock this iphone so I can get rid of my 2g. I NEED to be able to send and receive pictures and videos.

CT from http://www.putonairs.blogspot.com/

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Then you just end up paying an early termination fee. They've got our money either way. Kind of sucks. It's BS that they let owners of the first iPhone upgrade to the 3G for the new customer price, but aren't doing the same for 3G owners?

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress
  • Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

I just checked on pricing on the new phone. Right now if I up Replace my 3G phone on my account with the new 3GS iPhone it will cost me 500.00 for the new phone and I will have to pay over 100.00 a month on the new plan.

AT&T Rate Plan $35.00

* Data Plan for iPhone $30.00
    * 200 SMS Text Messages $5.00

One-time AT&T Activation Fee $18.00
    One-time AT&T Upgrade Fee $18.00
    2-Year AT&T Service Agreement

Right now I only pay 70.00 a month on the plan I have now. AT&T needs to rethink on how they charge us for plans. I'll be staying with the 3g phone for a long time.

Max

• Rgm
    Rgm Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I meant can I upgrade my 3g to the new iPhone for free or do I have to pay more?

• ShaQ1nJ
    ShaQ1nJ Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Definitely not for free.
    The above posts say that the cost to upgrade can range from 200 to 500 dollars... in America at least...

*sigh*
    Looks like I'm sticking with the original iPhone...
    *wipes dust out of speakers and 3.5 mm headphone jack that doesnt work for the majority of headphones in America*

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I have cycorder and another video recorder on my iPhone 3g jailbroken and altought the video is clear thanks to the fantastic camera it sports I get no more than 15fps and the video can appear choppy.
    Altough apple did not please me 100% with they're latest version I can tell you that I will be getting it because they did just enough to win me over. But at&t has been a real letdown.

• rodolfo
    rodolfo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey does anybody know since theres iphones 3g all over the world now if i take an iphone to mexico and put their sim card in it would it work since they have iphones 3g there too?

• maxmixdv.com
    maxmixdv.com Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Just report you lost your old phone (sell it or give it to your friend who lives outside this country). Then you will only pay $199 for a 16GB or $299 for the 32GB iPhone 3GS and extend your contract for 2 more years.

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

why isn't the voice control also in the 3G ? i mean does that really need a hardware upgrade? i think that is just an app

• Gilberto Arellano
    via Wordpress

You would need to unlock it then download yellowsn0w from cydia, I believe the carrier for Mexico is Telcel.

• 3amer
    3amer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

I agree, voice control is an app not a hardware enchacment...we do have mics in our 3Gs u know

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

hehe but apple wants to make another reason why we should buy the new iPhone. sucks

• Gilberto Arellano
    via Wordpress

Yeah I agree for the same reason they don't want mms on the iPhone edge they want you to get atleast an iPhone 3g and then pray to god that you're carrier "AT&T" doesn't screw it up. Makes me think where would we be if verizon would have gotten the iPhone two years ago. Where the **** is the fucking FCC when you need them!
    Seems like this is the only way to get they're attention.

• Jon
    Jon Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

waiting so long for my upgrade to the 3g actually worked out for me. i am able to take my 3g back and get the 3gs because the 8gb 3g last week is the 3gs 16 gb price. im glad but upset because i will have to wait to unlock. im surprised ppl have to pay cancelation fees that high. i asked b4 i upgraded would i be charged if i move and close that account to open another one and the man assured me over n over again theres no problem and no cancellation fees. im hoping this is true and i wont get treated like the ppl who are leaving att and bent over the railing. will the new model come with 3.0 already on it? most importantly when will we see the 3gs jailbroken. im locked in with att so i dont care about unlocking, hopefully the wait wont be long. til then im sure free and not so expensive apps can keep me busy.

• rleiva
    rleiva Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What about the iPod Touch? Are they going to release a new iPod Touch with faster processor, more ram, digital compass and so on?

• Chip
    Chip Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

yes, i got a account... did it when i was drunk, never use it..hahaha you can contact me on dolphincip@yahoo.com

• usb cable
    usb cable Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The iPhone 3GS looks and feels (physically) like other iPhones before it. I'm pretty sure that you held one already, but if you have not, I can tell you that it feels good in the hand, but it is a little heavy in the pocket.