Purplera1n for Mac to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS Released; UltraSn0w Unlocks iPhone 3GS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePurplera1n for Mac to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS Released; UltraSn0w Unlocks iPhone 3GS

George Hotz (aka Geohot) who had released a software called purplera1n to jailbreak iPhone 3GS only for Windows users has now released purplera1n for Mac users. He has also released updated version of purplera1n RC2a for Windows users which includes some more payload stability improvements. Geohot has given credit for...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kiefer
    Kiefer Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

For what it's worth I used it, worked great, I just had to restart the phone to get the Cydia app appear just an FYI.

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

I did not have good luck with the previous release (signal kept disappearing and kept getting "Call Failed" - this is on tmobile USA)

will try this one and report later, hope Geohot fixed those issues.

• K Rock
    K Rock Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

If I jailbreak with RC1 do I need to re-jailbreak with RC2?

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I cant Find the Download link when i go to your link..

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

jailbreak for 3.0 (mac) is out go to purplera1n.com and select the mac version... works great however winterboard does not work yet! Everything else works fine even Swirlymms!

Good job to the #1 of it all and thank you!

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

tested this new version, works great, wifi works, better than previous releases

• MUDDA
    MUDDA Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

okay ppl the only reason the unlock for 3GS is released this early cuz apple is plannin on releasing a new iphone later this which will most likely have an projector in it n mite b available for verizon as well.
    jus sharing oh n govnt mite force apple n att to unlock the iphones ill b waiting to hear abt this more soon :)

• K Rock
    via Wordpress

Only if it is a LED projector, other wise I'm out. What is funny is that the Department of Justice has started to review the of telecom industry. Basically seeing if it is fair that AT&T has the iPhone and other companies don't. Should we focus efforts are something other than destroying capitalism?

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

Nothing that uses the SpingBoard works. It sends your phone right into safe mode. The only reason I want to jailbreak is for iRealSMS. Other than that maybe Winterboard.... Neither one of those work. This is all pretty pointless now. I wish I would have known this and I wouldn't have wasted my time. Hope I've helped some of you out. (And yes, I know winterboard didn't work I was referring to knowing iRealSMS didn't)

• shorty
    shorty Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke it and tried to restore it, now it's just stuck with the itunes/usb symbol and says it cant' verify the restore with itunes D: help please.

• shorty
    shorty Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I keep getting Error 3014

• Codelish
    Codelish Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Is this worth trying?

Ultimatley the only reason I even feel the need to JB my iPhone is to get catagories and for SSH. Thats all I really want. I know categories won't work on 3G S.. so SSH would be my only benefit.

Is it really really laggy? After upgrading from the 3G to the 3G S I don't really want to lose the performance that was gained there.

• Tigger & Pooh
    via Wordpress

SBsettings is working for me, but it did make my 3GS crash also.

iPhone 3G[S] Jailbroken Apps...
    ----------------------------------
    SBSettings YES
    Rotation Inhibitor (SB Toggle) NO
    Tricker 3G NO(Slingplayer will crash)
    Winterboard NO (duh)
    xGPS YES (more testing needed)
    Flashlight YES
    Open SSH YES
    qik YES

my list so far...

• Tigger & Pooh
    via Wordpress

For those who are having lots of issues: Did you restore your old iPhone 3G profile? If so, was your old 2.2.1 jailbroken?

Consider starting fresh. I had issues trying to use a 2.2.1 Jailbroken profile on 3.0... Caused lots of crashes and instability. I assume it was due to old info stored with the user profile.

I had the same issue the first time I ran Purplera1n. I had my old 3G profile with Jailbreak data. When I loaded Cydia, all my old apps were there under the manage tab. I thought it was Purplera1n causing problems, so I thought I would wait. Then I did a total restore and started a new profile. All is better now. This also fixed my issues for my old 3G. Start Fresh for FW3.0

I am sure there are many ways to backup your personal data other than through iTunes. For me, I use Outlook.

• newOS3
    newOS3 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    Anyone here care to comment on the ariticle -
    Apple fixing iPhone SMS security hole?

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2009/07/06/apple-fixing-iphone-sms-security-hole/

Thanks.

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. This jailbreak worked perfectly with my 3g s and I haven noticed any performance hit. I recommend those with issues to do a full restore in dfu mode and a fresh jail break.

Btw I had to restart my phone aswell to see cydia.

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
  • ianPhone
    ianPhone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I just did this on my Softbank iPhone 3GS

it basically worked without a hitch.

• K Rock
    via Wordpress

I too have had issues, but it's hit or miss:
    Lock Calendar: Yes
    Rock your phone, elert: Yes
    Inspell: Sort of, not really ready for 3GS yet.
    SBSettings: Works fine for me
    SSH: Yes
    Wolfenstein 3D: Buggy
    Doom: Yes
    Five Icon Dock: Yes

• arrancan@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

is it really that slow?

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Use Cydelete to delete Freeze after enabling it to delete apps that were not installed by Cydia (in Settings). Be careful tho, as you may end up having no protection for the native original iPhone apps. It is better to toggle the setting back once finished.

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Winterboard works now ... there is an new update ... you must delete the old winterboard go under changes on cydia and select winterboard settings ... it will ask you to reboot . after you reboot go in cydia again and shaaazzzaaammm!!!!

worked for me ... there is some bad ass new themes too..!!!

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

Winterboard has been updated. it now works with iphone 3gs, but for some reason after i installed a few icons got switched around....Winterboard is displaying my ddr s icon, ddr s is displaying the cromag rally icon, and theres another icon thats wrong, but they all work and open there proper applications