Unsuccessful in jailbreaking my iPhone 6

Options
I'm trying to jb my iPhone 6 (on Mac) but it's on 8.3. Found a link in Pangu but looks like I need to pay $20 to download it? Also, tried Taig and it is available but my Mac has to be on OS X v10.9 and I'm on OS X v10.8.5 and I can't even get it because El Capitan (OS X v.10.11) is out now. Is there a way I can just jb my iphone without any problems? Please help me.

I'm sorry, I'm new to the forums... also bear with me.

Thank you :)

Comments

• RHettsterhhhh
    Options
    Update your Mac to El Capitan. If you don't want to update, install Windows 7 with bootcamp somehow. That 10.9 requirement is the minimum. This means that you can run it on 10.11. As for Pangu, your at a fake site. Pangu doesn't even jailbreak iOS 8.3. Pangu only jailbreaks iOS 8.0 to 8.1. Taig supports 8.3. Just be careful when finding the official websites for jailbreak utilities. You don't want to land on the wrong website downloading the wrong file at the wrong time.
  • Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You can't use Pangu to jailbreak your iPhone 6 on iOS 8.3. You have to use the TaiG or PP Jailbreak. You should be wary about sites asking you for money for jailbreaking as they're mostly a scam, as jailbreak tools are available for free.

Check our article on how to jailbreak your iPhone 6 on iOS 8.3:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/06/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8-3-ios-8-2-ios-8-1-3-with-taig-2-0.html