Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1 Beta; Dev Team Warns UltraSn0w users to Avoid it

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Apple Releases iPhone OS 3.1 Beta; Dev Team Warns UltraSn0w users to Avoid it

Apple has seeded developers of their iPhone Developer Program with beta version of iPhone OS 3.1 (build number is 7C97D) and iPhone SDK. Apple hasn't provided much details about the improvements expected in iPhone OS 3.1 but developers have already stumbled upon some interesting changes in the latest iPhone OS....

Read the full story here

Comments

• iPhoneNinja
    iPhoneNinja Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Hope this comes out quickly so dev-team can realease the jailbreak!
    Glad they adde Bluetooth voice commands. What's the point of pausing or saying previous track if you have to bust out your phone.

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

its funny how apple always tries to get ahead of jailbreakers/unlockers by releasing another firmware a week after the unlock is released... hopefully they do release an unlock/jailbreak for it... because when 2.2.1 was released they didnt do anything because of 3.0

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

2.2.1 got only minor bug fixes,no point to update & no point for the dev team to release a new jb & to unlock it.

• Don
    Don Posts: 111
    via Wordpress

it's for 3G S only not for 3G :(

• This is only for the iPhone 3GS ???

Why is this 3.1 update NOT for iPhone 3G owners??

I'm stumped?

• This is only for the iPhone 3GS ???

Why is this 3.1 update NOT for iPhone 3G owners??

I'm stumped?

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

probably because they only really changed video/voice commands... which despite the 3g being able to do, apple wont give us that, rather make more technological waste...

so much for apple being a green company eh?

• Irha
    Irha Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

On the contrary, I am very impressed by Apple (btw, I am not a fanboy) for continuing to support even the oldest version of iphone and touch. Out of the several big brand portable devices I have owned, rarely any of them get updates, and some get one or two minor updates for some obvious fixes. It has been a norm to buy newer models (even in the same series) to get newer features even when the older hardware is capable of supporting the new features.

I am just happy that my old 2G got a new life with the 3.0 firmware :)

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

Any of you guys have problems with MMS in ur 3GS around the time they launched this beta. Im stilling running 3.0 but lost MMS capabilities.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

It's probably because you updated your carrier file to ATT 5.0

when I installed beta 3.1 my camera mms button wasn't showing up but I did a restore to get rid of 5.0 and it shows up now. I can't send mms for some reason. I don't have the iPhone plan so it should be working.

• John Cip
    John Cip Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You seem very informed about the phone. Have you been hearing the problems with the 3.0 firmware on both the 3G and 3Gs? Overheating, loss of function as the wifi, email, etc. I have fear every time I upgrade my 3G. Do you feel it safe yet? Is the Dev Team method reliable? I use yellowsnOw with my T-mobile sim card. I feel happy with the firmware 2.22. Would there be that much of an improvement? Could I lose my Cydia apps?
    I'd really appreciate a response from someone in the know like you. Here is my email address if you could help: cipxyzb@yahoo.com

• Fonz
    Fonz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Use another mms capable AT&T phone and take your SIM from the iPhone and use it in the other phone to send yourself an mms, once you see it come back take the SIM card and put it back into the iPhone and try again. It seems like the AT&T block feature gets placed back on your line after 2-3 days of use.

Fonz

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

i find this more interesting and easy to understand.. http://theapplebites.com/jailbreakunlock/

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I HAVE AN OLD IPHONE WITH 3.0 NEED A HACK THAT WILL WORK

• Tara
    Tara Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Cool but, can is it safe to update to the OS 3.0.1 if we already have a jailbroken iphone 3gs and don't plan on unlocking it??