Jaibreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS Status Report

2»

Comments

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

There is a high chance that Apple will block the signatures on FW 3.1 so you should prepare yourself and get your own signature now if possible. I believe that DevTeam will require this file to be added as part of the jailbreak process and unfortunately no other signature file will work except the one associated with your iPhone. If you ignore getting the sig file now it may not become possible to know this info later on 3.1, assuming that the code necessary to deal with the certificate could not work when Apple will update the firmware so you will have no way to know what iBSS your device is capable to negotiate with Apple's server.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

The process is completely harmless and you can reboot your iPhone normally after you finish. I did this and it did not take more than three minutes from me.

• Chiken
    Chiken Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

but...but... :'( ...you hurt my feelings. i'm gonna lock my self in my room and watch repeats of M*A*S*H* and eat "cherry garcia" until you apologize

• Kunal
    Kunal Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Ok, last question =P

Should i be getting the ECID, the iBSS or the iBEC? im pretty confused to which one will help me in the future for the jailbreak and unlock.
    Next thing, Geohot just tweeted about the jailbreak, apparently, he has released it. So if the jailbreak is out...can I unlock it now? or will I have to wait for an ultrasn0w update?

• calumks@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I found a way to jailbreak the iphone 3GS now. Go here http://www.nightgamer.net/forum/index.php?topic=56