Warning: Major Flaw with Push Notification Fix for Jailbroken iPhones

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Warning: Major Flaw with Push Notification Fix for Jailbroken iPhones

One of the known issues with the jailbroken iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0 is that it disables the Push Notification feature. The iPhone Dev Team had released a fix to resolve the issue. However, German developer and founder of Equinux has discovered a major flaw with the Push Notification fix....

Read the full story here

Comments

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

thanks for the heads up i hadnt downloaded the fix yet and will avoid it, hopefully the dev team can fix this as soon as possible

• test
    test Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

geohot method does not break push notifications

• hack
    hack Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Fix for PUSH notification only apply to those with Hack activated their iphone...

• phone answering services
    via Wordpress

i am very thankful to you for informing about downloading of fix. i have never download yet.

phone answering services

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the inform. I really lie this blog though it's sometimes delays when need info is out. My iPhone 3G is jailbroken and unlocked on T-Mobile US but push notification was working untill I saw this post. As I like to experiment a lot with my iPhone I added the pushfix repo in cydia but decided to restart the iPhone before installing it. When the iPhone restarted to the home screen. I instantly recieved a push message from a friend on IM+ even though I have not installed the push fix n cydia. Maybe it's my luck but it's been almost 24hrs and it's still working. I post it if and when if it stops working. If it should work for someone please let us know because I have no idea what's going on.

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I am able to send mms pics from my 3GS running the 3.1 beta 2 firmware!

• laurnzo
    via Wordpress

Okay, it stopped working. Finally installed the patch without any issues. Will wait and see how long it's gonna work

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

why do you people act like selfish faggots? How hard is it to type a sentence and help this guy (ddk vc) honestly....

I personally don't know or I would have helped him.

• raystorm
    raystorm Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

thats weird because push notification works on my jailbroken phone.. it works with AIM, text free and palringo.. maybe it effects certain phones

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

no. you arent. you are making ppl update to screw them up forever. **** you. (i havent updated but it says clearly 3.1 BETA 2 DISABLES ALL TETHERING AND MMS HACKS AND THE REASON IT DOESNT WORK FOR US IS THE ATT PLAN, NOT THE SOFTWARE ON THE IPHONE. IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING JUST MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE IN THE FUTURE

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

the point here is,
    when you activate your phone via the devteam tools (instead of itunes) then your push notification service will not work. jailbreak & unlock don't matter here.

and if the fix doesn't work yet, i wouldn't want to install it now ;-)

cheers

• sid
    sid Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Hi mate,

Go to cydia>manage tab>sources> edit at the top right> Add>

Then a new window will open and in there you type the following:

cydia.iphoneil.net then you select: add source.

After that you: select return to Cydia> Done

You need to let it update the resources and then you go to search and type: Push fix.

Make sure you are at good wifi or 3G area so the update doesnt hand.

Then you install as normal in cydia: select package>install

I hope that helps

sid

• laurnzo
    via Wordpress

My update, after intalling the pushfix, i get random messages from all over the world.I know because some are in chinese, german and arabic.I for one don't really care since i don't chat up important info on im anyway.Another flaws is, it works when it feels like it. I get messages sometimes but sometimes i have to open the app to get the messages. The other funny part is when i'm using IM+ which i have facebook sign into, i don't get the push messages but when i sign into the original facebook app, i get the push from IM+facebook. Hope its fixed soon.

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

same here it depends on the phone itself thats what i think

• push
    push Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Yeah.. **** you dude... you're ruining **** for a lot of people that don't know any better...

• Mohammed Anjum
    Mohammed Anjum Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have installed the push fix as the problem persists i recieve randaom chat messages and i the push notification is erratic, and it pushes notification when ever it wants, The GPush which is suppose to push badges has also not been functioning in my jailbroken phone. Hope the dev team would release an updated fix which fixes the push notification issue in the jailbroken iphones

Anjum

• valle
    valle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would say the only solution is to get your hand on a SIM card from the telcom that your iPhone is locked to and restore the phone.
    Then you put in the SIM and activate the phone, when this happens you get your unique key/id that is tied to your phone. When that is done you jailbreak and unlock as you would do otherwise.

I belive the reason the fix fails is that you share the same id.

That is atleast my thoughts!

• HC
    HC Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

I'm receiving random AIM IM's too on a 3GS Blackra1n installed 3.1 OS. Did not install a push fix from any source unless it is included in Blackra1n...

• MexiChriS
    MexiChriS Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Whats fucking sad & stupid, is that still to this day, there's no real fix from the Dev Team! That actually works perfectly from the get go of jailbreaking your iPhone from the Dev Team software.

Unlike this piece of **** fix, where people have to scramble to know the repo + be lucky to work, yet receive fucked up messages from random people OR ruin your jailbroken/unlocked iPhone.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ALREADY its been forever since this **** has been released, this so called 'push fix' & its bullshit!

I only complain because I've been waiting, I've attempted several times, different iPhone's as well, and they've all come to fail in the long run & equal into a re-jailbreak!

The Dev Team have been under low radars & out of sight for awhile, news & requests for **** need to stur up again. Especially if there's news of newer fucking firmwares appearing. No offense Dev Team, i love you guys, but come on! Roll with the fixes & updates, please!

• frooboz
    frooboz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

whoa, talk about a sense of entitlement.

• Lex
    Lex Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I'm waiting for "push fix" fix for 3 months!!! I can't believe they didn't fix it. We all have the same problem. I deactivated all push notifications because it was a mess. Now I'm waiting for the new firmware and hope that there will be a solution for this issue. And if not... well, I'll have to wait 6 months more for the new iPhone :(

• IT SUPPORT LONDON
    via Wordpress

Ive had nothing but trouble since I used blackra1n. Annoyingly , you cant even reboot your phone without having to use blackra1n again.

• Sandeep
    Sandeep Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Everybody has the same problem, the push fix isnt working. Even i get ramdom messages. We need a FIX asap...

• It support
    It support Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can confirm, restoring phone to 3.1.2. / 3.1.3 after previously using
    blackra1n does not fix push. So annoying

• Aniruddha
    Aniruddha Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

HI all i have 3.1.3 jailbreaked iPhone 2G and i have installed pushfix patch.
    I get random notifications for Yahoo, Facebook

Any fix for this?

• NjA
    NjA Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Add http://cydia.pushfix.info to cydia's sources. I've heard it does the trick.

• Ivn Stoyx
    Ivn Stoyx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just tried it. No good...

• My new iPhone 3GS works perfectly fine with sending push notifications. But gladly will try this. Fixing some problem such as this truly can benefit us iPhone users