Purplesn0w - New Solution to Unlock iPhone 3GS Released

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePurplesn0w - New Solution to Unlock iPhone 3GS Released

George Hotz (aka Geohot) who had released a software called purplera1n to jailbreak iPhone 3GS only for Windows users before iPhone Dev Team released RedSn0w has now released purplesn0w to unlock iPhone 3GS. He claims that his iPhone 3GS unlock solution is better than UltraSn0w which was released by the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Berry
    Berry Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

GEO HOT is the MAN!

• jumbo
    jumbo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

it seems purple snow bricked my iphone 3gs , i rebooted my iphone after installing this software it show apple sign with processing clock like sign going round and round, it stops for a while then apple sign goes with blank screen and again come back apple sign with same processing sign , i suggest people not to use, i think i have to restore my phone now which sucks i tried hard reboot too, it didnt work. my itunes is not detecting it so i cant even restore it , i dont know wat to do?????

• jumbo
    jumbo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i finally able to take my phone to dfu mode and now i m restoring it, now i have to do everything again jailbreak , install all software from cydia, ha wat a mess. I suggest people to think one more time before trying it.

• loco
    loco Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

happened to me while jailbreaking also several times

first of all, do a backup, reinstall the firmware to get a clean phone, then follow the instructions to the letter

and if it doesnt work at first just try it again

a problem i encountered are usb-hubs even with their own power source, always better to use an usb port on the mainboard

cheers

• malte
    malte Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

you are always a few days late with your news? where do you live? ;)

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

GEO HOT's purplera1n worked perfectly for me and I have no double his purpelsnow will work as-well. I'll be using it when I leave the country.

Props to GEO HOT!

• Net Toolbox - John
    via Wordpress

Nice, I've been looking for this, will try and get back! :)

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

I don't really understand. So if you have to insall off of cydia then you have to apply this to an already jailbroken phone?

• ravenelite
    ravenelite Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

yes. this is to unlock not jailbreak..

• Lewis
    Lewis Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

I am in the UK using a 3Gs 32gig on O2, I used the ultrasnow first and it works but network glitchey at best, so I decided to use purplesn0w, not good my advice would be to wait for an updated version, it would not connect to any network and even Wireless did not work, I have gone back to Ultrasn0w.

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

After install, REBOOT not RESPRING. worked fine on 2x32gig & 1x16gig 3Gs's
    power up from charger, not power button too
    hope this helps :)

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I am also having a 3GS phone from the UK and my question is nearly similar but here it is: My iPhone is jailbroken and unlocked using red+ultra(sn0w) combination. While the jailbreak works fine I have some constant ongoing issues with the unlock, the carrier signal always dissapear then comes back again on random basis and many people have told me that they were unable to call me on certain times. So my question is: without having to jailbreak/restore my iPhone again, can I just uninstall ultrasn0w and then apply new unlock method by installing purplesn0w? Or do I have to really format my iPhone again and start from the beginning. Thanks.

• Lewis
    Lewis Posts: 33
    via Wordpress

The best way is to do a restore from Itunes, then jailbreak, then unlock, I did this and the purplesn0w was worse than the ultrasnow, but now I have gone back to the ultrasnow all the problems of lost signal have gone.

Hope this helps

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I think people are just being baised odoing. I have been using the ultrasn0w with no problems except for dropped network every now and then. Which I believe is just a network issue. Upon hearing about purplesn0w I tried that too and so far it working flawless. If it doesn't work for you for whatever reason please don't bash it for the sake of it. Ultrasn0w has been reported by many as bricking or not working by a lot of peopel as well. These people tried hard to get us the tools we need to unlock our iPhones to use it how we wish. We are doing ourselves no good in saying negative things about their products because we messed up, can't read instruction or whatever technical issue met when using it. Just my two cents!

• Heather
    Heather Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

How can you take it to dfu modde???

• felix
    felix Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

If i was you I would start all over sometimes during the process things go wrong so before u try to install anything else to fix the problem I would start all over...

my suggestion

• felix
    via Wordpress

And I would stick to ultrasn0w with the dev team never had any issue with that

• felix
    via Wordpress

simple all u have to do is unbrick it go to youtube and type in how to unbrick your iphone that should solve your problem..

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Jailbreak essentially means, hacking your iPhone to install jailbreak apps
    which are not available on the App Store.

Unlocking allows users to use SIM from any GSM carrier. You need to
    jailbreak your iPhone first to be able to unlock it.