iPhone OS 3.1 Beta Reveals Reference to new Apple Device "iProd"

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone OS 3.1 Beta Reveals Reference to new Apple Device "iProd"

Ars Technica is reporting that the latest beta version of iPhone OS 3.1 which was seeded to developers last week contains an updated configuration file that has references to two mysterious products known as "iProd0,1" and "iProd1,1". You might remember that iPhone OS 3.0 had first revealed reference to "iProd0,1"...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I hardly see why I would want a giant iPhone or iPod touch. Especially if it doesn't have telephony.

However I'm all in if it is running OS X. It will put apple into the sub 1000 laptop game, which is where Microsoft is killing them right now.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Well "Ethernet" on iProd1,1 suggests this is more than likely the tablet. I'm skeptical about its success though if it does come as one giant iPhone because you can raise an iPhone to view it and easily type on it with your fingers but what about the tablet? People say it will come with a stand but how will you be able to type on it that way? And if you set it down like a laptop, you'll have to face down. Won't that hurt your neck after a while? I'm thinking this might just end up looking more like a small touchscreen laptop.

• Shahab
    Shahab Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

hmmm i think maybe the iProd is a reference to the new iPod touch generation that most probably will come later this year!

well i guess we have to wait and watch to see what will come out of it!

• Shahab
    via Wordpress

oh and seriously i dont think apple is that dumb that they would put the iPhone OS into a bigger device!
    because that would be just insane and even though im sure that a lot of people would buy it with the iPhone OS on it it wouldnt be a big hit because it really wouldnt be an Tablet PC without all the installation features we have in PC's and or Macs!

and last but not least who would want 2 carry around a lets say 10inch iPhone with them?????

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I got a vision from September's conference. I imagine Steve Jobs announcing it, and it goes this way:

We have a new product ... It is the world's smallest .. touchscreen .. notebook ... And we are calling it ... iTablet :)

• Shahab
    via Wordpress

lol yeh that could be it 2... but so far the rumours are that the tablet is supposed 2 come out between late 09 and early 2010...
    and it should be a tablet... something in between the iphone and a notebook....
    and apparently even the price will be something between the two.. so to say around $600....

sooooo yeah.....