AT&T Shifts the Blame on Apple for Rejection of Google Voice related iPhone Apps

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Shifts the Blame on Apple for Rejection of Google Voice related iPhone Apps

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) investigating into Apple's rejection of Google's official Google Voice application and other third-party iPhone apps from the App Store was quite interested in finding out AT&T's role in the decision-making process. AT&T has issued the following statement in response to FCC's inquiry: “AT&T does not...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Noneya
    Noneya Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
  • hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I think Google is getting closer everyday into direct competition with Apple. The only thing the App Store is doing with Google apps is letting Google know what their users like and don't like and promoting Google at the same time. I think Apple is trying to do away with their future competition. You don't see any Microsoft apps.

Oh and AT&T is full of crap. Sure they might not directly approve or disapprove apps in the App Store but they can put pressure on Apple. Why are all these app downloads limited to 10MB through their network??

• TEHPARTYGUY
    TEHPARTYGUY Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I THINK ITS ALL ABOUT WHO' GONNA HAVE THE BIGGEST PIECE OF THE CAKE...OR WHO IS GONNA GET MORE MONEY, IF GOOGLE APP GETS APPROVED,THEN GOOGLE GETS ALL THE MONEY! IF IT GETS REJECTED, THEN ATT WILL GET THE MONEY ... REMEMBER, YOU CAN MAKE CALLS WITH THAT APP AT NO CHARGE SO WHO ENDS UP REJECTING THE APP? ATT ? OR GOOGLE... APPLE ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY. THEY GET 30% OF EVERY APP......

• HC
    HC Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Can the FCC do something about getting us Flash on iphone?

• HC
    HC Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Hmm just realized it might be possible to just get an ipod touch instead of iphone if google voice was approved.

• dRuEFFECT
    dRuEFFECT Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

that graphic is hysterical

• Nada
    Nada Posts: 70
    via Wordpress

Is it really that important,I'd rather have Flash instead.

" I got one that can see !!! "
    http://www.theyliveandwesleep.com

• Thomas F
    Thomas F Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple wants to control every thing. when i went to get my iphone from the Apple store they were giving me hell saying i do nor have a update, and told me to call AT&T. i got some one on the phone and that guy from AT&T was pissed as hell about apple and kept saying they just control every thing and cant ever get any thing right. ended up i had to go to the AT&T store and had a iphone in my hand within minutes using me upgrade. As of google i think its because of the G1 & G2

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Is it really that big of a deal that Google Voice got rejected from the App Store? I'm sure Apple declines a bunch of Apps a day but you don't see the FCC getting involved with any of those.

Apple made the App Store so I think they should be able to accept and decline whoever they want for whatever reason they want. The FCC shouldn't even be involved. Not to mention Google has the G1 (which competes against the iPhone) and if I am correct the G1 was "supposedly" the "iPhone killer". Why should Apple accept them.

I use Google probably a million times a day. I don't have anything against them but I just think Apple should be able to do whatever they want in the App Store without be roticuled by everyone just because they wanna make free phone calls.

• NO
    NO Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

You would not be able to use GV on an iPod. It uses a cellular connection to dial to your number assigned by Google. You could use Skype as that is a VOIP application and buy a number from them. GV is not a VOIP app.

• HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress

Actually, MS has an app on the appstore. Check out Seadragon.