MMS will be Enabled for AT&T's iPhone Customers in iPhone OS 3.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageMMS will be Enabled for AT&T's iPhone Customers in iPhone OS 3.1

AT&T was strangely absent in the list of carriers supporting MMS and tethering – two new features introduced in iPhone OS 3.0. This had quite rightly caused widespread uproar from AT&T's iPhone customers. We might have some good news as we just got a tip from one of our readers,...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tigger & Pooh
    via Wordpress

what about Tethering... Still a no-go for AT&T?

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

tethering would be an overkill for at&t's already crippled 3g network??

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

crippled 3g network? i dont know where you live but here in vegas att's 3g is fast and very reliable. i just had my freind leave verizon cuz my att service is better and always have bars. even when i go to dumont dunes i have service and thats in the middle of death valley

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

bring it on AT&T lets see how ur MMS is cause my Swirly works pretty great for me

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

tethering works great for me also and im in Puerto Rico

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

AT&T spokesman had stated 2 - 3 weeks back that the company will charge for a tethering plan but still has not determined how much it will cost or when it will become available.

So I guess AT&T's iPhone customers will have to wait longer for the tethering feature, though many users are already enjoying it using a simple hack thanks to folks at BenM.at.
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/06/simple-hack-to-enable-tethering-on-iphone-os-30.html

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

I live in Vegas, and experience the exact opposite as you do! I switched from Verizon, to get the Iphone a year and a half ago, and would switch back in a second if they offered the Iphone. I use my phone for business and pleasure, and we all make jokes about ATT&T and all of the dropped calls. Funny how it works in Dumont, and not even on Blue Diamond and Durango much of the time.

• artmanp
    artmanp Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

wolverine what r ur settings for ur swirly cause i cant get mine to work and i have tried everything.email them to me if you can at artmanp@netscape.net. thanks

• John
    via Wordpress

Well ill drive to the south side of town and see if it still works, cuz my buddy that just switched from verizon to att couldnt get a single bar in my house with his lg vue but now with his 3gs 5 bars

• John
    via Wordpress

Also you could call att to send a tech team to read the signal in youre area and if its not strong you can switch for free. my friend chris got out of his verizon contract for free cuz he got no signal at his own house

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Works great for me too. and im in Puerto Rico too. Cheers.

• Karl B
    Karl B Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I could never get swirly to work for me either. I tried forever until I finally gave up.

• Nikumon
    Nikumon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Unrelated but... I just discovered a "hidden" feature in the new firmware. When scrubbing to change a song, podcast, or any media within the iPod app, sliding your finger down vertically and then moving horizontally adjusts the rate at which you scrub. Very neat!

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

OK... so obviously 3.1 did NOT include enabling MMS for iPhone 3G. Is there any further news on this? Is it still in the pipe.

Side note:
    I LOL'ed pretty hard at the AT&T rep who tried to sell me me unlimited MMS (wife and I both have an iPhone 3G. I asked her if she was 100% sure, even though we have both have a 3G and NOT a 3G S. Her response, "Yes, well um I think so."
    I should have got it in writing... :)

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

Sorry I left out the part where she said, "You and your wife will both be able to send an unlimited number of text messages, or picture messages, or what ever."

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

AT&T told me today when purchesed my iPhone 3gs 32gig that mms would avallable sometime late Aug. I was told the delay is bc of a bug in there system.

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

I've had MMS working on my 3G ever since they got the MMS hack back in mid-June. I also have tethering (though I dont really use it, as I would not want to incur any charges and I really have no use for it yet) as well as my Visual Voicemail works too.

There really is no excuse for AT&T to make everyone wait for MMS. It's been working fine for me and several of my friends with iPhones, with no problems whatsoever.

• khizr
    khizr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

wasup i called att and ask them about tethering and they told me its no charge and i haven been chared yett for it so it works for meee