Fix for Disappearing or Wrong App Icons Problem in iPhone OS 3.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageFix for Disappearing or Wrong App Icons Problem in iPhone OS 3.0

When we had reported that many users were facing the strange Wi-Fi connectivity issues after upgrading to iPhone OS 3.0, one of our readers, LegendarySwag informed us about another annoying issue after upgrading to iPhone OS 3.0. The icons of some iPhone apps get replaced by icon of some other...

Read the full story here

Comments

• shaggy9869
    shaggy9869 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Or another way to fix this I found on another thread, don't remember where, but it works all the same. I had the same problem going on. Here's the steps I used to fix it and still going strong for a week + now.

1. Go into App Store on Iphone and start download of an app that you don't already have. Doesn't matter which one. Before the download is complete "pause" it by tapping the icon for the new app.

2. Now power off your iphone and then power back on

3. Mixed up images for apps should now be fixed, you can unpause download you had going, let it finish and keep it or delete it if you don't want that app.

4. Abracadabra!!! You're done!

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Thank You iPhone Hacks i will try that also installed apps from **** is also disappearing ,if i reboot the phone it becomes visible also non of my apps were opening ,if i open it get to the home screen quickly,so i restored the phone and sync back the apps and still have the same problem again i restored and this time did not sync i freshly download the apps from the app store and its fine now but have the icon problem for some apps downloaded from the **** (not app store) I will try what u said ,first i should delete the app in comp (the one not openong ) and i should freshly transfer the apps to the comp and do what u said thank you

iPhone 3GS 32GB BLK

• Vishnu Sridhar
    Vishnu Sridhar Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Perfect works
    Thank You

iPhone Hacks u should post this or update this post
    Thanks You

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the tip, we have updated the post with the method you have
    suggested. Thanks again!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks Vishnu for testing it out. We have updated the post as you suggested.

• Armanius
    Armanius Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

i had the same problem once but after reboot it got fixed...

• Craigybaby
    Craigybaby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I tried this but it unfortunately didn't work. I believe my issue with missing icons exists because I had my iPhone jailbroken and the "Categories app installed to organize all my apps into folders.

I think if a person has "Categories" installed, it's important to remove all apps from their folders before upgrading firmware. Now, no matter what I've tried, when I install a program I had previously that was organized in a "Categories" folder, the app disappears from my springboard. Now that I have a 3GS with video camera, I'd prefer to not have to jailbreak my phone again. I do the first time mainly to get cycorder.

Anyone else experienced this issue with hidden icons due to a previous "Categories" app install? Muchas gracias.

• emtff219704
    emtff219704 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Go into settings and erase all data on the phone. Only do this if it is not currently jailbroken. Then after it's done set your phone up as a new phone. Sounds like you restored from a backup that you had from your jailbroken phone. This is causing your apps to disappear. I had the same problem with an app that will hide apps you don't want to see on the springboard. Hope this helps.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

wrong. enable restrictions. disable restrictions. done.

• smashcz
    smashcz Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem, all you have to do is install bossprefs from cydia and there is setting to unhide the icons

• sag@ich.net
    sag@ich.net Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

installing ihandy from cydia and activating reflecting dock solved the problem for me as well (can be deactivated afterwards of course)

• tommy
    tommy Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

i had the very same problem on my 3GS AND I FIXED IT BY UNINSTALLING ****. it hasnt happened since, and i also realized that my apps open faster now. for those of you having this problem that do not have **** installed, im not sure how to help you. however i am positive that **** was the cause for this on my phone because i re-installed it just to be sure and sure enough, the icons started to change again.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

This issue is also occuring with some WebApps as well! So, it's probably an issue with the way the homescreen itself is coded.

• sheathe
    sheathe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

My wife had this problem and shaggy9869's solution worked. Thanks guys!

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Hey, shaggy's method for wrong icons works but what about dissapearing ones?

• Ruzzi
    Ruzzi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

That works. Download app - Pause - Reboot - Problem solved

• anonymous
    anonymous Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Shaggys method for unvisible icons didnt work for me. Do you have any other tricks?

• d@uow.com
    d@uow.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the same issue with my 32Gig 3GS. None of the above solutions helped to fully resolve my issue. Deleting the apps and re-syncing them back fixed all the icons bar one, an appstore game by the name of 3d rollercoaster. For some reason this one app doesn't want to show the correct icon anymore, even if I completely remove the app from my system and itunes, re-sync, re-download and re-sync again. I am not attributing the issue to this app, just describing my problem.

• earadriede
    earadriede Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

shaggy's solution works for the wrong icons. thanks :)

• pichito
    pichito Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

NICE FIND! Worked perfectly.

• tyler
    tyler Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Thanks I have tried for over a year to get the Google App back on my phone and pausing a download and turning off and on the iPhone finally did it!!!!!

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

Thanks this works great