iPhone 6+ Running iOS 8.4 (12H143) And Jailbroken...Upgrade to 9.3.1 in hopes of future JB?

Options
As the title says, I have an iPhone 6+ (MGAQ2LL/A) it is currently jailbroken and running iOS 8.4 (12H143). My question to everyone is should I upgrade to iOS 9.3.1 while it is still being signed in hope for a future jailbreak for it? I don't want to lose my jailbreak AT ALL but certain apps only run on iOS 9 now. I have been jailbreaking my iPhone's since 2010, but I haven't been keeping up with the jailbreaks (obviously since I'm still running iOS 8.4). So is there anyone who has any knowledge of whether or not iOS 9.3.1 will be jailbreak-able in the near future?

I know I missed out on the iOS 9.1 jailbreak as the window for Apple signing that version has shut. I'm worried that a jailbreak will come out for 9.3.1 and Apple will stop signing it before I ever get a chance to upgrade to it.

Is it a risk worth taking to upgrade to 9.3.1 while the window is still open and just pray for a jailbreak?

Comments

• HiGhGuY
    HiGhGuY Posts: 10
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I wouldn't risk it. I'm in a similar situation. I still got iPhone 5 running JB iOS 9.0.3. I'm seriously considering switching to Android because I like to be able to customize my device the way I see fit, and without a JB, that's just not possible.

I'm going to wait until a short while after the release of iPhone 7/iOS 10 and if there isn't at least a positive outlook on an iOS 10 JB, I'll probably just get an HTC 10. Either with Android or an un-jailbroken iPhone, its going to suck not having activator, but most of the other tweaks I use, I'm confident their functionality and capabilities could be achieved on a rooted Android device.