iPhone Will Soon Become the Most Popular Camera on Flickr

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Will Soon Become the Most Popular Camera on Flickr

iPhone will soon become the most popular camera on Flickr and currently the only mobile phone in the Top 5. According to a graph plotting the overall user percentages of each model on Flickr's Camera Finder, iPhone has nudged closer to Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi as the number one...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I'm not sure this is good news.

What the prevalence of iPhone photos on Flickr says to me is that more photos taken by iPhones *are uploaded* to Flickr, likely because of the constant connectivity.

Those shot by Rebels, on the other hand, are manually uploaded. I think we're talking about two completely different classes of photo here, from the iPhone's "look at this hilarious thing my cat did yesterday" to Rebel's "here are some of the best shots form my portfolio, after hours of touch-ups in Adobe."

I don't think too many are buying the iPhone for its camera, and I don't think camera manufacturers are too concerned about this statistic, except the import it has to enabling connectivity on their models.

If they really want a slice of this pie, perhaps it's time for Canon et al to develop apps for iPhone which emulate photo processing abilities in their own thousand-dollar cameras--if such a thing can even be done.