Apple Responds to Developer who had Boycotted the iPhone due to App Store Policies

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Responds to Developer who had Boycotted the iPhone due to App Store Policies

Steven Frank, Mac Developer and co-founder of Panic had recently decided to boycott the iPhone due to Apple's rejection of Google Voice related iPhone apps and other iPhone App Store policies. Apple's Senior Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing, Phil Schiller has responded to Frank to tell him that they...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bob Easterday
    Bob Easterday Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Apple should concentrate on rejecting malicious or illegal applications, and otherwise get the $%^% out of the way. We don't need no stinkin' nanny. Thats what we have congress for.

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

Ditto, Bob... but I don't tend to think of Apple as a "nanny" -- well, maybe one hell of an abusive nanny; one that I sure as s*t wouldn't have around my kids. Apple's obsession with control has led it to embrace uber-restrictive policies that have simply pissed me off. Apple should focus on providing fully functional and reliable pieces of technology, and stay out of the way of users.

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

Eric,
    That would mean we actually own our devices, and Apple will have none of that

• toni_castle
    toni_castle Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

SO DAMN FRUSTRATING, WHY CANT THEY JUST OPEN UP AND LET IT ALL IN MAKE THE IPHONE A USER MADE PHONE NOT A IN YOUR FACE EAT IT EVEN IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PUNCH IN THE FACE. JAILBREAKERS ARE YOUR CONSUMERS APPLE ACCEPT US OPEN THE MARKET FOR US.

• Cartman
    Cartman Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

sorry guys, i know its not the place to ask but im stumped and i can't find the answer to this anywhere so im gonig to ask here;
    if i do the "hack" to get a custom sms tone (via ssh and converting the file to ".caf" and it overides one of the orignal 6 sms tones, can i ever get the orginal tone that i overided back?

• PA
    PA Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Even more reason to jailbreak the iphone everything that pretty much gets banned from Apple gets released on Cydia. Could you imagine buying a PC or a MAC and only being able to install what the OS provider wanted on the system. You can stream slingbox on other ATT phones like windows mobile, but yet you can't on iPhone. You can send MMS messages on a free ATT phone or pretty much any other phone ATT has but yet not the iPhone. I believe you can even tether on Blackberry's on ATT for additional cost but not on the iPhone.

Don't know if it is ATT or Apple or maybe its just both but either way let us do what we want and have what we want unless the application is virus like or causes system to crash.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I must say, I'm a proud owner of 3 iPhones 2G, 3G and a 3GS and damn do whatever the heck I want with it. I don't think the iPhone would be this popular if the were no jailbreak, previously installer, now cydia and Icy and not forgetting the almighty Installus. I mean, can anybody really admit thier iPhone was better when it was jailbroken. Long live the hackers and all the people bringing us the news about solutions and new stuff. Long live www.iPhonehacks.com too.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

Meant to say their "iPhone was better when it wasn't jailbroken"

• zorro
    zorro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Apple should just bear in mind that Android is up and coming and has Google behind it, and one of Googles execs has been sitting on Apple's board for a while, and Google is probably one of about two companies out there with the financial clout to go up against Apple and beat them to pulp.

GV will be on Android. Spotify will be on Android. All the apps we want will be on Android, and a lot of them will NOT be on the iPhone it seems.

Well duh, what freaking phone do you think we're going to buy next Apple?

• Robert Bailey
    Robert Bailey Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Android is heavy and small disk space. So I guess next I will buy an Iphone with verizon.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Make a backup of the file before you replace it then upload it again when you want it back.