Photos Disappearing due to a Bug in iPhone OS 3.0?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePhotos Disappearing due to a Bug in iPhone OS 3.0?

Based on this Apple Discussions thread, it looks like there is a bug in iPhone OS 3.0, it is not a critical bug but an annoying one. Users are complaining that photos taken using iPhone's camera can't be accessed from the built-in Photo app or can't be seen in iPhone's...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Zak Saber
    Zak Saber Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Actually I experienced this problem when saving images from emails. Same thing when I used photogene to edit a photo. The new one didn't appear in my camera roll at first but I closed the photos and edited the photo again and it appeared. When I saved images from emails the recent image will pop up in my camera roll but when I look at the images its not there. I repeated the process a few times saving the image on and on and checking and it finally appeared. I have no problems with the camera app. well I don't use it I use Camera Zoom for its whole screen shutter button and no issues with it.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

not sure if this is the same thing but when using swirly and saving a pic thats sent to me to the camera roll you cant see the thumbnail in the camera roll all you see is a black space where the picture is i did have problems with the camera roll showing pictures once it got to a certain number and it would just keep counting and not display all the newer pics. hope they get this fixed its just annoying not so much a problem cause i can see the pics using iphone browser

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Seems to be similar to the issue reported in the discussion thread, however in that thread the photos seems to disappear altogether.

• Eric
    Eric Posts: 238
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem and I'm wondering if there's anyway to fix it. Its so annoying.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I have 577 photos showing under my "Camera Roll" on the main Photo Albums screen. When I access the Camera Roll, there are only 525 photos visable. If I access the Camera Roll through the Night Camera app, I can view alll 577 photos. This problem only started a few days ago.

• LegendarySwag
    LegendarySwag Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

There is also an annoying bug that causes my apps to change it's app icon which is pretty stupid. I've deleted all my downloaded apps due to that. My IM+ changed it's icon to Sims3. My need for speed changed to IM+... and the list continues. Although the apps still respond as regular it's a really ugly look. I tried deleting them and reinstalling, tried restarting my phone but it doesn't work. Really hope my beejive doesn't change.

• ugh
    ugh Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Also a bug that won't allow all songs to shuffle...

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Do these problem exist in the 3.1 betas?

I don't Put music on my iPhone and I don't have that many pictures so idk.

• Linda
    Linda Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have had my phone for about two months and didn't experience this problem until just now... It is so annoying because I can't email or upload the photos that aren't visible in my album

• Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Problem just started for me this morning. Super annoying!!! I have about 700 pictures in camera roll. Last ten pictures saved from internet and photos taken with camera are gone.

• Garry
    Garry Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I have some photos that aren't included in the iPhoto/Aperture download process after I plug the iPhone into my Mac. I can see them on my iPhone but I want to download them to organize them in Aperture. It just started today and I can't see over two months worth of photos (about 600).

However, earlier in the day I was on the phone with Applecare and they asked me to hold the power button down for 5 seconds (while the comp was off) to reset something because I was having battery issues.

I wonder if the two events are related.

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

i noticed a problem similar to this back when i had an itouch. maybe it was just because of the type of photo, but for about 6 months now, there have been 6 "invisible" images in the main photo menu. the camera roll icon says i have 6 pictures, but the preview just has a grey tile with a camera icon in the center, and when i go to the camera roll, it says it is empty. ive tried just about everything i can think of, including clearing the camera roll via PC. its just those 6 images, and any pictures i take or save are visible, but its a little disconcerting and id like to know what those images are...

• Angela Eden
    Angela Eden Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is there a fix already? Please let us know. I badly need a fix.

• Jr
    Jr Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I also have the same problem, it just happen a couple of days ago, every time I take a picture I can see it on the thumbnail but not the camera roll, same thing happens when I try to save a picture from SwirlyMMS2, I have about 531 pics I can see, but after that I can't see them, I'm also trying to download using aperture but I don't see the pictures there either, My is a 3.1.2 jail broken with blackra1n, is there a fix for it?? anyone who knows about of a fix? please help.

• David J. Brown
    David J. Brown Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Ive figured out a simple solution that doesnt need any external assistance, it will require the phone's jailbroken though. Email me at colorallmydreams@yahoo.com, I'll explain more there there.

this is a solution for the problem that says you have no photos and to try taking some:). Hopefully i didnt just get lucky and it works for everyone.

p.s. Please dont email me asking how to jailbreak your phone.

David J. Brown

• fong
    fong Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

problem can be solve by deleting the "DCIM" folder.

• Ila
    Ila Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Photos / video in camera roll have "question mark " tap on them and nothing appears but a larger version of the "?" mark ........ Is there a fix for this?
  • DW
    DW Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 3g. I have photo albums with photos and a camera roll with photos, or had photos. I saved an image from an MMS, then went to my photos to look for a different photo. When I tapped the camera roll, I saw the last photo I snapped, then poof, it was replaced with the saved photo from MMS. Now all other camera roll photos are gone. I did not perform a delete action. Photos in my photo album are still visible. Camera roll total photos = 1, not 18 as previously displayed. How can I retrieve the 18 photos that were in my camera roll? Is it a normal action when saving from MMS to replace camera roll photos with MMS saved file? TIA