Apple Expected to Add New iPhone Carriers in the US Within a Year

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Expected to Add New iPhone Carriers in the US Within a Year

Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster expects Apple to add new iPhone carriers in the US within a year, thus ending AT&T’s three year exclusive deal in the US. In another interesting observation, he believes based on the high demand seen for iPhone 3GS, the ads by rivals such as Palm...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alb
    Alb Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I'm happy i can't wait even though all carriers are shitty...

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I am an iPhone fanboy, but i was forced to switch from ATT and not longer have my iPhone... im quite pissed really, but I am now with Verizon... i have a BB Storm, I hate it and want to see it die... I would love to see ATT have some real competition

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

if the iphones comes to verizon...goodbye att! paying the early termination fee and going back to verizon so i can finally stop dropping calls and have a decent conversation with someone on the iphone! woot! FTMFW!!!!!!!

• M.O.B. (MONEY OVER B****ES)
    via Wordpress

real talk, apple needs to bring the iphone to tmobile so i can stop using this slow ass edge and get some real speed with 3g.

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

yeah if other carriers like sprint or verizon get the iphone, i will not be renewing my contraCT with att. they signal sucks for no reason.... the dropped calls... voicemail showing up days late...the iphone plan is too expensive....

• A Black Dude
    A Black Dude Posts: 167
    via Wordpress

t-mobiles 3g network sucks....

• Alb
    Alb Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

That's exactly my problem with at&t they drop too many calls and I hate "other charges " fee, they never explain what those charges are...by the way does someone know how I can fix apps from crashing ? It has been a major problem for me ever since 3.0 came out

• Enigmafan420
    Enigmafan420 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Apps crash usually because of low memory.

Install SB settings from Cydia, it allows you to kill Apps as needed to free up memory because MANY apps don't fully terminate, even if you exit them using the home button.

• brian
    brian Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

I just restored my iphone again and still the same thing happens, anyone know how to get the tom tom app to work when downloaded from appaulous?

• gil
    gil Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

The only reason the iPhone is coming to other US carriers is because it will be the same iPhone that is gonna be released in China that uses CDMA it will be two iPhones released in china probabbly the same ones verizon is working on. I just can't wait until I can use a iPhone on metro pcs. I would be a happy man having unlimited calls. I hate the service I get with AT&T no MMS expensive service, dropped calls.

• Djfx
    Djfx Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Unfortunately, AT&T and Apple still have 2 years to go with the iphone exclusivity, and AT&T is also working to extend that contract by another 2 years. So the least you would have to wait for is until 2011, possibly until 2013. Sorry guys, but if the iphone ever does come out for Verizon or sprint, you guys are going to be totally disappointed in the capabilities of the phone because of their network. But if you guys insist on having it with someone else, just keep hoping I guess...

• fail@att.mms
    fail@att.mms Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

verizon and sprint both have 3g just as fast as at&t. explain why people will be disappointed?

at&t is so bad. so bad

• Djfx
    Djfx Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

No sorry... At&ts network can go up to 3.2 mbps, verizon and sprint can only go up to 1.3 Mbps, some say 1.7... Sprint has 4g but only in 4 cities... Don't believe me, look it up

• cc
    cc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I looked it up as you requested.... look at this web site. Im not sure where you were getting your info. but maybe with website is wrong

http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1337872

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

ok here is my view. I love AT&T, as a cell phone carrier, as a iPhone carrier it sucks. With my $7 phone i never got dropped calls or anything, but with iPhone I'm always getting dropped calls. If they opened up their market and got rid of all their restrictions and fees then they would be perfect. I don't want the iPhone on verizon, sprint, Tmobile or any other company. AT&T just needs to get the stick out of their ass. Competition would be good for that, and once they do fix those iPhone specific problems then they will be awesome, lots of ppl hate AT&T just because of their iPhone issues, but they never had them with another phone. They are actually a good company they just got power hungry with this phone. Hopefully they fix this before they loose too many customers to other phone companies.
    That's my two cents.

• SGibson
    SGibson Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have Verizon and I have ATT (my husband carrier) You also have to pay extra for internet service with a blackberry on ATT. AT&T drop so many calls, I hate talking on it. I never get drop calls with Verizon and I had Verizon for many years. But, I would like to try the IPhone on Verizon, I have the BB Storm, and I really don't like it much, it get hung up so much and it's just harder to use then my IPOD touch screen which is like the IPHONE.

• Bee
    Bee Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm a iPhone fan liek whoa, but AT&T has no stores or towers where I live (Small piece of shiz town in the middle of nowhere) I would be stoked if they got on verizon or alltell or sprint. Like so happy I'd cry and go get one that day.

• Dupsy
    Dupsy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Good news the monopoly company will be kicked to the cub

• ALLEN
    ALLEN Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

the charges are explained I went on the chat and it was shown to me. There are charges for 911 emergency calls. Charges for the environmental protection agency(which can't be all bad) for the placement of signal towers, charges for the infrastructure, I guess because of the phone lines running under the streets or whatever, they don't pay for anything, WE do. I told the rep it is like me charging my customers to pay an extra chrge to pay my electric bill, and what the hell, my phone bill too. It is total profit. I bet they charge people for their rent, man what a raquet.

• Red5
    Red5 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I switched from sprint to AT&T for iPhone and found AT&T to actually be a better carrier. I've been really satisfied with AT&T and am only dissatisfied with their price structure. I sure do miss sprint's unlimited everything for only $99 mo. Also, I love the iPhone. I came from blackberry which pales in comparison. Blackberry is akin to a windows xp type experience.

• Jen
    Jen Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

If Sprint were to get the Iphone it would cost 70 dollars!!! Anymobile Anytime (you can call any wireless provider for free), unlimited text messaging, picture messaging, video messaging, internet, email, turn by turn gps navigation, sprint tv and radio, night time minutes starting at 7PM, free roaming and long distance!!! How can you beat that price!!!??? Why would any one stay with ATand T??

• Jen
    via Wordpress

You cannot compare a blackberry to an IPhone and the first person to have ever made that comparison is a moron! Blackberries are great devices, very reliable and they just work! No problems with email accounts syncing, backing up and restoring information, calendar etc. IPhones are more entertainment based where the blackberries are geared towards business people! I use my blackberry as an organizer, not a toy or a damn mp3 player, or even a damn app container! I have no use for that stuff! If you love the Iphone...great! You should! But you can't compare the blackberry to it and say the blackberry is comparable to the Windows XP experience! Blackberry has never promised to be anything like the IPhone!!

• Jen
    via Wordpress

(from http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=1337872

Sprint is clearly the winner overall and provides serious competition in every location. If put together the fact that they're the fastest, largest mobile broadband network, you've got a double whammy.

It's no wonder that Andy Abramson of Working Anywhere recommends Sprint. He spends about $900 per month testing mobile broadband and wireless internet related services. Seems like he might know a thing or two.

To beat a dead horse even further...

I've personally tested it over 1001 miles of highway at 70 miles per hour (New Orleans to Jacksonville and Tampa to Atlanta). I had my connection get dropped once…for 15 minutes total. That's solid.

• Jen
    via Wordpress

haha...att just launched 3g in my area in september of 2009, while sprint had already launched their 4g network and was getting ready to expand it to over 80 markets by the end of 2010!!!! 4 cities...paleeze

• Jan Hale
    Jan Hale Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree 100%. After 15 years with ATT, 6 months after I got my iphone they canceled my subscription because I moved to Colorado, even though when I purchased the iphone they told me they had coverage in part of Colorado I moved to. I have never been that mad about anything in my life. Ended up with a BB and hate it.