Sirius XM's SkyDock Transforms iPhone Into a Satellite Radio

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSirius XM's SkyDock Transforms iPhone Into a Satellite Radio

Sirius XM has announced an iPhone accessory that will transform the iPhone into a full-fledged satellite radio. The iPhone accessory called XM SkyDock will give iPhone user access to live XM and”The Best of SIRIUS” channels, which aren't available on their online feeds. XM SkyDock is one of the first...

Read the full story here

Comments

• 3amer
    3amer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

who would ever need such a device if internet radio is avaliabe? INTERNET RADIO KICKS ASS!!! no need for stupid satellite radio, and i can get a device that charges the iphone while connected to the car and play its music thru the car's speakers for WAY LESS than 100$....so, i do not think am fallin' for this one

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

same here, Pandora kicks ass ;)

• Granulator
    Granulator Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thats Right! I love slacker and pandora! Why would you want to pay for radio.

• Goat Roper
    Goat Roper Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

If you drive outside of a 3g or Edge area satellite radio is your only real choice guys. Yes, internet radio is great, but it doesn't work everywhere across the country.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah good point and it would be a nice accessory for iPod Touch users.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

If you have never purchased Sirius or XM then you truly don't know the meaning of kick ass radio. First off, this isn't terrestrial radio, meaning you can actually practice your first amendment right to freedom of speech. Secondly, you get a crystal clear signal from anywhere you live including during bad weather. Internet radio has horrible Bit Rates that easily cut off and make for poor sound quality. And lastly, there are hundreds of channels, some even with celebrities hosting meaning you get a chance to actually speak with them. These are just some of the reasons why satellite radio is better than anything out there. Now, I know this accessory will pair to an app that will feed SiriusXM over the data network but keep in mind this is free for customers who are already paying so it won't hurt them anymore or less to download the app. The accessory is OPTIONAL and will basically just be a more mobile option for customers who want to listen to their satellite radio in their work vehicle or that other car you had to drive while yours is in the shop.

The downside: This is for XM listeners with "The Best of Sirius" package.

Luckily for me there is "Pocket Tunes" ($7.99 on the App Store) that allows me to listen to all of my Sirius internet radio channels on the go. And I have the Belkin TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free calling as an accessory for my iPhone ($69.99) a far cheaper price than this and already available.