Apple Responds to FCC: We Didn't Reject Google Voice Application; We are Studying its Impact on iPho

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Responds to FCC: We Didn't Reject Google Voice Application; We are Studying its Impact on iPhone User Experience

We had just reported that AT&T has responded to FCC’s letter and has categorically stated that they "had no role in any decision by Apple to not accept the Google Voice application." TechCrunch has got also got Apple’s response to FCC’s letter in which they have said that it hasn’t...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jenny
    Jenny Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

It seems to me that if Google had designed their apps to use the built in apps in question, then Google Voice would have been approved. On the other hand, if GV was totally separate and didn't interfere with the iPhone, users could set up two phone numbers. This would allow users to have a local number where they live, and then another "local" number where grandma lives.

As for watching TV on an iPhone, foreign companies such as Softbank make a one seg tuner. http://mb.softbank.jp/mb/iphone_en/oneseg/ This has nothing to do with the 3G service as it uses normal TV broadcast signals. Too bad the states doesn't have something like this. Think of the sales you'll have during football season! ;)

• Charles
    Charles Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Hello, they allow orb????

• Joe POnte
    Joe POnte Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

the thing that's interesting is that GV Mobile was originally approved. I downloaded it from itunes the day it came out. I was later taken off. So by apple saying it was rejected is incorrect.

Apple has "40 full-time trained reviewers" and and that "at least two different reviewers study each application so that the review process is applied uniformly."

If this is the case (see above) then there are other reasons for pulling GV MObile. Bunch of B.S.

• spenceter
    spenceter Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

The App Store was not a 'new thing'. We were downloading third party apps a full year before Apple pulled their finger out of their proverbial ARSE!