Dev Team Warns Jailbreakers & Unlockers to Avoid Upgrading to Upcoming iPhone OS 3.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Warns Jailbreakers & Unlockers to Avoid Upgrading to Upcoming iPhone OS 3.1

Apple is planning a special media event "It’s only rock and roll, but we like it" tomorrow where they’re expected to announce the release date of iPhone OS 3.1. iPhone Dev Team has just published a post on their blog to warn users who have jailbroken and/or unlocked their iPhone...

Read the full story here

Comments

• colin
    colin Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Is it ok to upgrade to 3.1 if we just have it jail broken and used redsnow instead of ultrasnow? Or just wait for a week or so?

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

you phone will no longer be jailbroken, but you will be able to jailbreak it in the future when dev team comes out with an updated version

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

It depends:

If you can't live without a jailbroken iPhone thenyou should wait for Dev
    Team to release their updated tools like RedSn0w to jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1,
    so you can re-jailbreak it.

If you can live without a jailbroken iPhone then you can upgrade your iPhone
    without any issue. It is important to note that upgrading to the latest
    iPhone OS will wipe the jailbreak apps from your iPhone.

If you want to unlock your iPhone then you should again wait for Dev Team to
    release PwnageTool so you can upgrade to iPhone OS 3.1 without updating the
    baseband so that you can unlock it using UltraSn0w.

• nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

> If you can live without a jailbroken iPhone >then you can upgrade your iPhone
    >without any issue.

Seriously, would any jailbroken iphone owner considering unjailbreaking to be a 3.1 early adopter? I mean, what are you really getting? Some bug fixes, MMS and blue-tooth file transfers? With all the advantages that jailbreaking gives you, there is no way I'm going back to a factory configuration. If Apple gives us some semblance of organization, backgrounding, memory management(they took it away from us in istat), themes, then I might consider getting back to their official platform.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

I agree I can wait for the dev team before I update my 3g. Apple isn't giving up anything that we in the jb community don't have already so waiting won't be too hard

• colin
    colin Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

Thanks to those that answered. I definately don't want to loose my jailbroken apps. Is there a way to back up the apps that are running on a jailbroke phone so when you upgrade to 3.1 and jailbreak again you don't have to download them all again? Or an easier way then taking screen shots or writing everything down and having to search through cydia to find and dl them again. If not oh well that is what I have been doing just looking for an easier way.

• Bradyramone
    Bradyramone Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

AptBackup....download from cydia and backup/restore all your jb apps :)

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

What if I have never jailbroken or unlocked my iPhone 3GS. Can I still upgrade to 3.1 and then use the tools to jailbreak and unlock?

• Cazacu Mihai
    Cazacu Mihai Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

What if I upgraded to 3.1 and now I to downgrade to 3.0 . There is any way? I updated from mistake and now I wish I could go back to my 3.0 jailbreak!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You can try to downgrade by restoring your iPhone using iPhone OS 3.0
    firmware similar to the procedure explained here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/stepbystep-guide-to-downgrade-from-iphone-firmware-221-to-firmware-22.html

After that try and see if jailbreaking works, if that doesn't work then
    you'll have to wait for dev team to release their latest tools to jailbreak
    iPhone OS 3.1.

• Cazacu Mihai
    Cazacu Mihai Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the prompt response!!! I'll try!!!

• RAM
    RAM Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Hi, I've upgraded my iphone to 3.1 and now it rejects my sim card which was working before. Is there any way I can use my sim with my iphone?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Unfortunately, iPhone OS 3.1 also upgrades the modem firmware and there is
    currently no way to downgrade it so you'll have to wait for Dev Team to come
    out with a method to unlock the latest baseband.

That was the reason they had given a warning to jailbreakers and unlockers
    yesterday to avoid upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1.

• Masterchief
    Masterchief Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I own an iphone 3gs that has only been jailbroken should i not update?

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I resently buy the iphon, I still have the 3.0.1 os, im not really sure if i should jailbreak my iphon because Im not sure what is it that i get besides the background and the picture message?

can anybody please explain me what do I get by jailbreaking the iphon?

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Dev Team. Can you guys please respond to my question?

What if I have never jailbroken or unlocked my iPhone 3GS. Can I still upgrade to 3.1 and then use the tools to jailbreak and unlock?

• Emil
    Emil Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

iam going to buy an iphone 3GS, but will i have 3.1 when i buying it or some earlier version

please answer

• ShadowScream
    ShadowScream Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi guys,
    I'm a stupid. I updated my iPhone 3G from iTunes last week to 3.1 OS and now my baseband its updated and I have no signal. I used PwnageTool 3.1 to jailbreak it but I can't make calls any saggestions???
    Specs:
    iPhone 3G 16GB
    Locked to: AT&T
    Carrier im using: Cosmote GR
    Jailbreak: PwnageTool 3.1

• jmobf
    jmobf Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If I buy a new iPhone 3GS which has OS 2.2, is it possible to jailbreak it to just 3.0.1 while waiting for the Dev Team to release the latest tools for 3.1?

• bunnyw54@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I have a 3G and accidently said yes to 3.1 (before I was aware of this website where so much good information resides).. Can I still jailbreak this phone? PLEASE HELP!!!

• Ejaz
    Ejaz Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

well i have 3GS 3.0 jailbroken it was fine but i dont know what went wronge now my iphone crashes! i want to restore but im still in doubt should i really go for it ? itunes insists me to go for 3.1 .. im not afraid i can live life without jailbreak i will wait for jailbreak release for 3.1 but my question is .. will my phone work fine if i upgrade to 3.1 ? it gives volume error when i re-jailbrake it from redsn0w now im really screwd and waiting for the right person to guide me BEST to get out of this!

• a
    a Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

Will there be a release of an ispw to jailbreak the iphone 3gs 3.1 with redsn0w any time soon?

• Calvin
    Calvin Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Thanks Dev team and others who have assisted in hacking the iphone.

I need to ask a few questions. I need to upgrade my 2G iphone(window base)to the 3.0 where I can sync my phone with my outlook task for work related projects. I have not upgraded my phone since the release of the 1.1.4 hack a long time ago.

I could wait for the 3.1 but this is work related and really need this to improve my productivity on the job.

1. Which program is good for unlocking/jail break to the 3.0 (window bas.
    2. Where can I get instructions and a link for the 3.0 ispw and if there's anything I left out, please advise.

Thanks for your time in responding.

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

no bro,,u cant use it
    u have to jailbrek again
    do it again everything u did it before

• Anthony
    Anthony Posts: 66
    via Wordpress

i did the same thing to my son inlaw phone lol just want to see if you found a solution please let me know