AT&T Publishes Video to Explain Reason for Delay in Launching MMS and Network Issues

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Publishes Video to Explain Reason for Delay in Launching MMS and Network Issues

AT&T is in damage control mode. They announced yesterday that MMS will be finally available to their iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS customers on September 25. They have just released a video featuring Seth Bloom a.k.a "Seth the Blogger Guy", which explains the reason for delaying the launch of the...

Read the full story here

Comments

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

I would leave in an instant.

• Al_X
    Al_X Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I would NOT leave.....
    ....the reason is that by adding iPhone to Verizon, for example, no one is thinking about the fact that Verizon hasn't experienced a phone as popular as iPhone and I feel that such would overload Verizon's networks and the first year or so of the iPhhone being released on Verizon, will be full of network problems. ATT is smart by doing minor upgrades frequently. Verizon would have to handle a load of around 3 million iPhones sold the first week, and thus I feel that they wont be able to handle such a big network load, as u may call it.

• Al_X
    Al_X Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

The problem is that ATT has 3 years seniority with the iPhone. When you switch from ATT to Verizon, (if the iPhone is released on Verizon), You will notice that ATT is better because they have had their experiences with the iPhone including the fact that they have around 6 million iPhones on ATT, more than any phone on Verizon that uses as much data and 3G.I would stay with ATT only because I feel they know more about the problems and solutions to the iphone. Honestly I feel Apple is going to only start selling it on T-Mobile for now (2010, which is near lol)

• bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

How many want to bet that the ATT network will be experiencing massive problems on the 24th and have to put it off...

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

Well if I worked for AT&T I would have a smokin hot chick explain this rather than having the creepiest looking dude in North America. I'm actually done complaining. MMS will finally be here to complete my checklist since there are ways of getting tethering anyway. And at least their contract with Apple will expire soon which may result in AT&T lowering prices or offering more bang for your buck deals.

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

i wish o2 would do something like this in the u k the 3g coverage is shite

• JT
    JT Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I'll stay with AT&T, when a large percentage of the current iPhone customers move to Verizon or whoever and swamp their network AT&T's will be suddenly freed up. And I doubt anyone would disagree that AT&T's network is currently the most capable for the load it carries.

It's ironic that all the strong complainers will move into the same problems with a new carrier and as a result solve the issue for everyone else.

Thanks!

• blueice
    blueice Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Quite frankly im done with iphone anyways. I have a phone from 2002 that can do MMS, yet my 400 dollar original iphone somehow doesnt have the proper radio for MMS. The only way i could be more pissed is if i paid 600.

• LoneWaffle
    LoneWaffle Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Blueice, good thing that phone from 2002 of yours can do MMS. I mean, that's what makes or breaks a phone, right? MMS? Who cares about surfing the web and all of other thousands of cool features and apps that the iPhone brings to the table, crappy old phone wins because of MMS. Give me a break.

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

The rogers network here in toronto canada has had MMS day 1 of the 3GS launch.

I have to admit im pretty impressed with rogers. 3G data speeds are fast and ive been tethering and MMS'ing since June.

The only issue is that Rogers rip you off like crazy at times.

• Larry
    Larry Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

i have the developer account and mms is already activated and working fine has been for about a week pretty cool anyone that has a developer account can use it :-) not sure its worth the 99$ if thats all you want but... it is open for us :-)

• Deano-uk
    Deano-uk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

ive had the iphone 2g
    ive had the iphone 3g
    ive got the iphone 3gs

ive wasted hours jailbreaking unlocking re-storeing
    ive spent over £1200 on these phones

and im done

but need to tell these people what i think

apple you suck

o2 you suck more, and your 3g coverage sucks to

carphone warehouse you had had over 2 years selling the iphone and your staff are like dumb monkeys

thats me done with this crappy piece of shite

• HCWHunter
    HCWHunter Posts: 49
    via Wordpress

I love the comments from folks who want to drop ATT and go to Verizon, like their iPhone will work on Verizon's network! They're in for a surprise when they find out they have to buy a new iPhone that works on the Verizon cell frequencies. T-Mobile can be a direct switch, but not Verizon or Sprint. Like others have already pointed out, Verizon will be overloaded with data demand just like ATT if they get their own version of the iPhone.