AT&T: MMS will be Available to iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS Customers on September 25

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T: MMS will be Available to iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS Customers on September 25

After months of speculation, AT&T has finally announced that MMS will be available to their iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS customers on September 25. Unfortunately, there is still no news as to when tethering will be available as there was no mention of it in the press release, so looks...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Nada
    Nada Posts: 70
    via Wordpress

Finally !

" I've got one that can see !!! "
    http://www.theyliveandwesleep.com

• jumbo
    jumbo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

F$@K at&t for not supporting mms on orignal iphone. It don't make sense y it can support on 3g and not in original iphone as iphone 3g also doesn't have video recording. which is limited to iphone 3gs only unless u jailbreak it. I m really mad @ this since i have 3gs and my wife is using my old original iphone.

• Daniel323LA
    Daniel323LA Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

Hey jumbo if u haven't figured out how to add sll these features to ur old iphone, what purpose do u have in this web site.....c'mon buddy.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

AT&T should had said early fall and not late summer. Oh well I'm just glad it's almost here. I just hope I don't loose my tethering hack. I'm quite happy with not having to pay extra for this.

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

actually if you installed the at&t 5.0 profile that was running around the net, you can use the service. today i received all those mms that were sent to me, but couldnt received them because whatever reason. i sent a couple of mms, and they sent fine. apparently everything is working.

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

Wow. I've been counting down for the 9th and now the 25 :(. AT&T is not the blame for all of it. Only for having it delayed. Apple shouldve added this feature with the first iPhones, then 3g came out still no mms and 3.0 which finally brought it so took them 2 years to get mms on these iPhones.

• metromepmb
    metromepmb Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

why the hell do you need MMS when you can send a picture through email!! Which is free.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

I have to admit I've gotten used to e-mail as a way of sending out pictures but I do have tons of friends whom I have repeatedly told not to send me MMS that will still on occasion try because their phones do not carry e-mail or their phone's e-mail progam won't allow attachments. So while you might be the coolest guy here because you don't have need for mms, some of us are looking forward to not having to visit AT&T's picture messaging website to view a file.

Oh and I haven't heard anything about being charged extra for MMS yet.

• Tcw1969
    Tcw1969 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I made mention of not having mms yet on apples support threads, and it got pulled off today so I was informed. They sited they it was of speculation or because my comment was off topic. I guess some people don't like to be questioned.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

AT&T already said somewhere a while ago that iPhone users will not be charged extra for sending MMS because it's included in our data plan or something like that.

• k.rock
    k.rock Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Sweet!
    Does anyone know how to by pass ActiveSync Exchange profile that disables the camera?

• Harsha
    Harsha Posts: 84
    via Wordpress

Do not know why people get offended by some other people asking for MMS on iphone. It is might be useful for some and not for everyone. I do not see any disadvantages for a person who does NOT need it. But I can see several advantages for a person who USES MMS feature.

BTW, you cannot send multiple Pics as an email attachment,, I am not sure if you can do it using MMS.

I really hope the tethering hack works with 3.1. Or else I will not update. As I think I would use tethering feature more often than MMS. :) Fingers crossed.

But let me say one thing... AT&T always keeps saying they are trying to meet the data usage demand... but i do not see any improvement.. iphone has helped them to earn more business and customers.. when are they going to spend money to upgrade the network!!! Whenever I see the banner of "More bars in More Places", I feel like throwing a stone at it!! :)

• someguy
    someguy Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

What pisses me off is that at&t has mms enabled on every phone except for the iphone. On top of that everyone who has a smart phone thats not an iphone gets cingularTV. cingularTV lets stream live tv to your phone using 3G but pictures from an iphones will over load the network, my a*s!

I don't believe that 3.1 will come out on the 25th but rather they will put out a new carrier settings update. After all I did get mms working for a short time when 3.0 came out with the hack mentioned at the end of the post and for that all you have to do is install a modified version of AT&T's carrier bundle.

• metromepmb
    metromepmb Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

Oddly the last time I got sent an MMS O2 sent me an SMS telling me to log on to their website.

Don't forget MMS hasn't really kicked off here in the UK and it's a pain to setup on most phones, email just seems so much easier to setup and generally doesn't cost anything.

If someone can't pick up the email on their phone at least they will be able to pick it up later on their computer.

Hell if everyone you know is on an iPhone or has free email access do you even need to bother with SMS lol.

• Yazdi R Eranee
    Yazdi R Eranee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Iphone 3G MMs not functioning, cannot open Kill sight for ipcc code.using iPhone in IndiaAdvice using “Airtel service provider, MMS activated by them.3.1.2 My sim card working on other phones with MMs service, not on mine.What could b wrong.